The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Some Jazz-Funk-Pop for your Tuesday listening pleasure, with a trio of hits from English "Sophisti-Pop" rockers, Level 42. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today.. Went back to @Dragonsbeard / ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's "Colonia" soap and splash from his Collaboration line. Fantastic lather built with the Zenith Manchurian silver tip for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Henson AL13 and I finished with the matching skin food splash EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / Zenith Manchurian ST Badger / Henson AL13 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" EdP

View attachment 112954
Excellent shave set! Interesting band! Must be avid Hitchhikers fans? 😂

When I first met my wife, her roommate at the time was a HUGE Level 42 fan....so much so that at one point she traveled across the country with the band....and was dating the drummer for a minute.

14 June, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring L.A. rockers, The Iron Maidens. The world's only female Iron Maiden tribute band! Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today.. New soap day with the arrival of Stirling Soap's "South Padre" shave soap. Fantastic scent with summer, "beachy" vibes featuring aquatic notes along with sun tan lotion, florals and blood orange. Fantastic lather built with the Badlands Shaving "Underground Pool" silver tip for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Aristocrat and I finished with some Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" and Perry Ellis 360° Red for Men EdT.

Stirling Soap Co. "South Padre" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Underground Pool" ST Badger / Gillette Aristocrat / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Perry Ellis "360° Red for Men" EdT

IMG-2455.jpg

15 June, 2023

Featuring the Prince of Darkness himself this morning. From 1983, here is Ozzy Osbourne's third solo album, Bark at the Moon. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning with the Barrister and Mann "Citricuya" shave soap. Nice citrus / floral scent and excellent lather built with the Badlands Shaving ST badger. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with some Czech & Speake after shave splash and EdC.

Barrister and Mann "Citricuya" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Czech & Speake "Cuba" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG-2471.jpg

Featuring the Prince of Darkness himself this morning. From 1983, here is Ozzy Osbourne's third solo album, Bark at the Moon. Hope you enjoy.
I took my then teenaged son to see Black Sabbath many years ago. I actually enjoyed it, though I never was a fan before. Ozzy was entertaining, and it seemed to me he liked playing the part.

15 June, 2023

Great shave this morning with the Barrister and Mann "Citricuya" shave soap. Nice citrus / floral scent and excellent lather built with the Badlands Shaving ST badger. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with some Czech & Speake after shave splash and EdC.

Barrister and Mann "Citricuya" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Czech & Speake "Cuba" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

View attachment 113092
I saw Ozzy on this tour. Freedom Hall Civic Center in Johnson City. TN. It holds 7000 people. There were twice that many Baptists protesting and praying outside the arena in protest. I know they were Baptists because the church our family attended was the ring leader. Good times.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I saw Ozzy on this tour. Freedom Hall Civic Center in Johnson City. TN. It holds 7000 people. There were twice that many Baptists protesting and praying outside the arena in protest. I know they were Baptists because the church our family attended was the ring leader. Good times.

Been to a few concerts like that myself. The Rush concert was what I couldn’t understand. What do you have to protest about Rush?? They’re too intellectual?!?! :rolleyes:

Been to a few concerts like that myself. The Rush concert was what I couldn’t understand. What do you have to protest about Rush?? They’re too intellectual?!?! :rolleyes:
Where I grew up, it was specifically the pentagram on the cover of 2112. In East TN at least, that was the big kahuna of satanic symbolism!

There was a guy in town who had a Metal only record shop, who also happened to repair turntables. There was a period of time where he got quite a few repair jobs from Preachers and Sunday School Teachers who had burned out their motors, spinning records backwards, seeking evil messages.

16 June, 2023

A triple play from supergroup Them Crooked Vultures to close out the workweek Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) and Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) formed the band in 2009. So far they've released one album and I do hope they release more at some point. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave to round out the workweek. Went back to "Verbena Toscana" from Abbate Y La Mantia. Wonderful, lemon / citrus forward scent. Nice strength off the puck which only grows more strong on lathering. The lather quality was excellent! Plenty of cushion and slip for two passes with the Aristocrat and I finished with some Acqua di Parma "Colonia" balm and "Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana" EdT.

Abbate Y La Mantia "Verbena Toscana" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Gillette "Aristocrat" / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" After Shave Balm / Acqua di Parma "Blu Mediterraneo - Cipresso di Toscana" EdT

IMG-2477.jpg

A triple play from supergroup Them Crooked Vultures to close out the workweek Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) and Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) formed the band in 2009.
Wow, I’d not heard this before! Fun find!

Back