The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

My source, re: MWF new formula:
d8dd60319118af1f7d45daee2fd77ee8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

11 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some tunes going for your Sunday with a trio of songs that represent a staple of 80's rock and metal. The "Power Ballad". Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today.. Went with a "mystery soap" that had been under the sink in my bathroom for ages. I'm 99% sure it's a puck of D.R. Harris "Marlborough" soap as there's a crudely etched "M" on the bottom of the bowl. Scent was very light but the lather was excellent. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with some Epsilon "Amber" after shave Splash and YSL "Rive Gauche" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

D.R. Harris "Marlborough" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST Badger / 60's Psycho Tech
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Epsilon "Amber" After Shave Splash / YSL "Rive Gauche" EdT

IMG-2423.jpg

12 June, 2023

Getting some tunes going for your Monday and today we're hopping in the WayBack Machine to the late 50's with a trio of tracks from the "Father of Exotica" himself, Martin Denny. So grab you Monday Mai Tai and your Tiki Idol and enjoy!

Great shave today.. Went back to Saponificio Varesino and their 70th Anniversary soap and AS.. Thick, slick and fragrant lather built with the Riva Brushes silver tip for tTwo passes (+ touch-up) with the Aristocrat and I finished with SV after shave lotion and YSL "L'Homme" EdT.

Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Aristocrat / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" After Shave Lotion / Yves Saint Laurent "L'homme" EdT

IMG-2430.jpg

11 June, 2023

Getting some tunes going for your Sunday with a trio of songs that represent a staple of 80's rock and metal. The "Power Ballad". Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today.. Went with a "mystery soap" that had been under the sink in my bathroom for ages. I'm 99% sure it's a puck of D.R. Harris "Marlborough" soap as there's a crudely etched "M" on the bottom of the bowl. Scent was very light but the lather was excellent. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with some Epsilon "Amber" after shave Splash and YSL "Rive Gauche" EdT.

D.R. Harris "Marlborough" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST Badger / 60's Psycho Tech
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Epsilon "Amber" After Shave Splash / YSL "Rive Gauche" EdT

Two of these songs are meaningful to me. They represent an ex girlfriend.

13 June, 2023

Some Jazz-Funk-Pop for your Tuesday listening pleasure, with a trio of hits from English "Sophisti-Pop" rockers, Level 42. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today.. Went back to @Dragonsbeard / ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's "Colonia" soap and splash from his Collaboration line. Fantastic lather built with the Zenith Manchurian silver tip for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Henson AL13 and I finished with the matching skin food splash EdP.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / Zenith Manchurian ST Badger / Henson AL13 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" EdP

IMG-2442.jpg

Back