The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

5 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Some nice, easy listening Yacht Rock to help you ease into the new workweek. Hope you enjoy

Great beginning-of-the-workweek shave this morning. Been a while since I last used "Mélange d'Agrumes" from @Dragonsbeard and his "Agrumes Collection" so I decided to remedy that today. What a treat! Used some of the ETHOS "Ice Dragon Liquid Ice Drops" to give it a little menthol kick on this warm and humid morning. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with the matching skin food splash and some Versace "Dylan Blue" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'Agrumes" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'Agrumes" Skin Food Splash / Versace "Dylan Blue" EdT

IMG-2369.jpg

Very interesting... :unsure:

I have difficulty accepting the hypothesis that somehow a system of independent countries and cultures have so successfully conspired to keep this information secret. Our government can't successfully conspire to provide decent support systems for veterans. Still, there sure are a lot of these strange phenomena. I feel comfortable with the idea that there is life elsewhere, but I believe the vast interstellar distances combined with the speed limit of spacetime make it impractical to have any interaction or contact. I guess I'm dubious about claims of global government conspiracies, because I don't think they are capable of pulling it off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I believe the vast interstellar distances combined with the speed limit of spacetime make it impractical to have any interaction or contact.
I also recently heard an explanation of time and that each species would have to be at the same point of evolvement to communicate in a similar way at the same time which in universal time is darn near impossible.

Guys.....Area 51 is going to run out of helicopters. You might need to turn yourselves in at the nearest military base. To keep things moving and all.

6 June, 2023

Some Fleetwood Mac for your Tuesday listening pleasure. Diverging from their more well known hits in favor of some deeper cuts. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today.. First use this season of the "Aqua DG" soap and splash from Phoenix Shaving. Great lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Copper Ore" badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 40's Aristocrat and I finished with the matching splash and some Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT.

In other news, I watched the interview last night with the USAF vet alleging that the US is in possession of non-terrestrial technology. He, of course, had no direct evidence (pictures, artifacts, etc.) and all the information he presented was second hand. But what I did find interesting was that they did verify his credentials and resume. He is who he says he is and did work in the various projects/agencies he claimed to be a part of. Also what stood out to me is that he has filed an official whistle-blower complaint, on the record and under oath, which the DoD Inspector General has found "urgent and credible".

If you wish to watch, the full interview can be found here.

Phoenix Shaving "Aqua DG" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Copper Ore" ST Badger / Aristocrat / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Aqua DG" After Shave Splash / Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT

IMG-2378.jpg

I had hoped to steer the musical choice for today with my Spandau Ballet lyrics yesterday in the Watch Wars post....guess I missed the mark (see what I did there?). Still....can't go wrong with some Fleetwood Mac.

He is who he says he is and did work in the various projects/agencies he claimed to be a part of. Also what stood out to me is that he has filed an official whistle-blower complaint, on the record and under oath, which the DoD Inspector General has found "urgent and credible"
Interesting.

7 June, 2023

There are some songs out there that simply define the times in which they were made. These are a couple of them IMO. These songs exemplify the early 80's to me, when disco was dying out and punk was morphing into something a little more melodic and much less nihilistic. Hope you enjoy

Wonderful shave this morning! Got in the tub of "Rio de Janeiro" shave soap by Ariana & Evans and used it this morning. Firstly, I love the Kaizen 2e cream base. Whips up easily into a very thick, slick lather. The scent is great as well with tropical notes of coconut, fruits, florals atop a soft, woody base. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with some Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" AS and Creed "Virgin Island Water" EdP.

Ariana and Evans "Rio de Janeiro" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Parrothead" Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Creed "Virgin Island Water" EdP

IMG-2386.jpg

Back