The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

30 May, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A Tears for Fears twofer for your Tuesday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave to begin the day. Doctor appointment first thing today so I went for a more lightly scented setup, choosing to grab the Cella soap and balm. Great lather created with the "Chubby" for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Blackland Era and I finished with Cella after shave balm and some Creed "Erolfa" EdP after leaving the medical center.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Cella Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super / Blackland Razors "Era" / Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Cella After Shave Balm / Creed "Erolfa" EdP

IMG-2312.jpg

Listen, just because the doctor is making you feel old, doesn't mean you have to play music that makes it seem like all your testosterone is gone.

31 May, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and just a week ago we learned of the passing of one of the all-time greats, the incomparable Tina Turner. So today I'm featuring a couple from the "Queen of Rock 'n' Roll". Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. New soap day, today. I had heard of Mike's Natural Soaps before but had never gotten around to trying them out. Finally decided to pull the trigger and grabbed a tub of his "Lime" shave soap. Wonderful!! Fresh, tart & sharp lime scent (he definitely used EO) and the lather quality was top shelf with excellent post shave face-feel. Two passes with the Tatara Masamune and I finished with some ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Personal Blend skin food and Tommy Bahama "St. Barts Men" EdT.

Mikes Natural Soaps "Lime" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving ST Badger / Tatara Masamune Razor / Polsilver
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Skin Food Splash / Tommy Bahama "St. Barts Men" EdT

IMG-2321.jpg

1 June, 2023

The weather's heating up which always makes me yearn for a trip down to the "Redneck Riviera" (aka Gulf Shores), so here are a couple of Surf Rock classics. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Another new soap acquired a while ago but I've been waiting on warmer temps to break it out. Great scent from the Razor Emporium soap. Lemon and grapefruit are most predominant to my nose. Fantastic lather as well whipped up with the Rich Man Shaving ST badger brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with some Master Soap Creations "Grapefruit Zest" after shave tonic and Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" Parfum.

Razor Emporium "Citrus" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving ST Badger / Blackland Razors "Era" / Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Master Soap Creations "Grapefruit Zest" After Shave Tonic / Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" Parfum

IMG-2331.jpg

2 June, 2023

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's finally Friday and today I'm ending the workweek with a couple from the band INXS. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave with which to end the workweek. Went back to @Dragonsbeard and his excellent Bay Rum soap and AS from the Island Collection. Great lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 40's Aristocrat and I finished with the matching skin food lotion and some Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST Badger / Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Skin Food Lotion / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG-2341.jpg

3 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Getting some tunes going for your Saturday with a SynthWave mix from The Prime Thanatos. Hope you enjoy

Wonderful shave this morning. Temps will be back into the 90's today so I decided to go full-on summer shave with a new one from Ariana and Evans, "Aqua de Boracay". Great scent! Very 'beachy" with aquatic / ozonic notes, florals and a woody base. Great lather as well. Very thick. Very slick. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with Clubman "Tequila Tease" splash and a thorough dousing of Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP.

Ariana & Evans "Aqua de Boracay" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Parrothead" ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Clubman "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-2350a.jpg

2 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend.

A couple from the Stones for your Sunday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today.. Went back to "Deep Blue Sea" from Stirling. Great lather built with the Zenith Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 40's Aristocrat and I finished with the matching splash and some Chanel "Bleu De Chanel" parfum.

Stirling Soap Co. "Deep Blue Sea" Shave Soap / Zenith Manchurian ST Badger / Aristocrat / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Deep Blue Sea" Skin Food Lotion / Chanel "Bleu De Chanel" Parfum

IMG-2361.jpg

Back