The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Siouxie is the original. She created the goth look and most of the punk fashion. Talk about being the first in everything. And that voice. One of the few I've never seen in concert that is near the top of my bucket list.

Once again....Mark wins wednesday.
What, no dating story?

25 May, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some tunes rolling for you this morning with a couple from Van Halen's 1986 album, 5150. This was the first of four albums by VH featuring Sammy Hagar on lead vocals. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their special edition meet-up soap/splash set, "Phoenix Lights". The title, of course, refers to the mass UFO sighting which occurred over Arizona in March of 1997.

PhoenixLights1997model.jpg

Fantastic lather built with the Rich Man Shaving brush for two passes (+touch-up) with the Techmatic and I finished with the matching splash. No frag today. The AS is so strong (even after mixing it with some unscented witch hazel and hyaluronic acid serum) that I didn't need anything else.

In other news, at the medical lab first thing this morning for blood work. I have my annual "old man" check up next Tuesday. We have landed a great steel guitar player for the country band so hopefully we'll be back out playing again soon. Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Phoenix Lights" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving 874 Brush / 70's Gillette Techmatic
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Phoenix Lights" After Shave Lotion

IMG-2274.jpg

26 May, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Closing out the workweek with a couple of rockers from Queen. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave to begin the day. Went back to Saponificio Varesino's "Cubebe" soap and ASL. Excellent thick, fragrant lather from the soap built with the Riva Brushes Heather Briar ST (think I'm gonna start calling this guy "Quasimodo") for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Blackland Era and I finished with the matching ASL and some Gianni Versace "Versace Eau Fraiche" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes "Quasimodo" ST Brush / Blackland Razors "Era" / Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" After Shave Lotion / Gianni Versace "Versace Eau Fraiche" EdT

IMG-2281.jpg

Is there any more instantly recognizable voice than Freddie's? He was the best in an arena setting. Totally in control of the entire crowd. The Live Aid performance is still goosebump inducing. Fine choice for today......as always.

Is there any more instantly recognizable voice than Freddie's? He was the best in an arena setting. Totally in control of the entire crowd. The Live Aid performance is still goosebump inducing. Fine choice for today......as always.
Maybe Bowie? Only other artist I can think of where you immediately know who it is on first note sung. I agree though, Live Aid was the perfect stage for Queen... The entire world.

Maybe Bowie? Only other artist I can think of where you immediately know who it is on first note sung. I agree though, Live Aid was the perfect stage for Queen... The entire world.
I'd propose Elvis and Tiny Tim as immediately recognizable voices.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

27 May, 2023

Thanks to @BarberDave for today's song choice. Here is the Prince of Darkness himself, Ozzy Osbourne.

Great shave this morning. Guess I'm on a bit of an Italian kick this weekend as tomorrow's shave will feature more from the land of explorers, scientists and inventors.

Proraso "Rinfrescante" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Tatara Masamune Razor / Polsilver
Alum / Proraso "Rinfrescante" After Shave Balm / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-2288.jpg

26 May, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Got a couple from the late great Tom Petty for your Sunday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave to begin the day. New soap arrive from Maggard Razors. "Agrumi di Toscana" is a hard, triple-milled soap from Abbate Y La Mantia with a wonderful, lemon / citrus forward scent. Nice strength off the puck which only grows more strong on lathering. The lather quality was excellent! Plenty of cushion and slip for two passes with the Blackland Era and I finished with a splash of Acqua di Parma "Colonia" AS and Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT.

Abbate Y La Mantia "Agrumi di Toscana" Shave Soap / Zenith "Chubby Scrubby" Boar / Blackland Razors "Era" / Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" After Shave Splash / Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT

IMG-2294.jpg

29 May, 2023

Some Bowie for your Monday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. It's the unofficial start of summer so that means the warm weather scents will be out in full force for the next several months.

Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Lagoon" ST Badger / Tatara Masamune Razor
Polsilver /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" EdP

IMG-2303.jpg

29 May, 2023

Some Bowie for your Monday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. It's the unofficial start of summer so that means the warm weather scents will be out in full force for the next several months.

Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Lagoon" ST Badger / Tatara Masamune Razor
Polsilver /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" EdP

View attachment 111980
What, no Beach Boys?

Back