The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Brah! What are you doing? You can't just drop a bomb like that and walk!

giphy.gif
Someone didn't play TMI Trivia.

28 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you a pleasant evening.

I'm "bluesing" it up today here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits, All The Time®) with a couple from five-time Grammy Award winning singer / songwriter / guitarist Kevin Roosevelt Moore, colloquially known as "Keb' Mo'". Hope you enjoy!

Great shave on which to end the workweek. Went back to Wholly Kaw and their Spring-time winner, "Chypre Rose Concerto". Great scent with earthy rose / floral notes atop a nice, deep, woody green base. Super slick, cushioning lather built with the Badlands Shaving "409 Purple & Royal Amboyna Burl" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Czech & Speake "No.88" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Wholly Kaw "Chypre Rose Concerto" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "409 Purple & Royal Amboyna Burl" BrushKarve SS Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Wholly Kaw "Chypre Rose Concerto" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "No.88" EdC

IMG-2083.jpg

1 May, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some tunes rolling this Monday with a couple from Canadian rocker, Loverboy. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. Decided to return to @CBLindsay and his wonderful "Hombres Barber Shop" for an olfactory trip out west. Great lather built with the RazoRock "Chubby" ST for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 70's Black Beauty and I finished with the matching after shave tonic and a Stetson cologne.

CBL Soap Co. "Hombres Barber Shop" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Chubby" ST Badger / 70's Gillette "Black Beauty" / Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Alum / CBL Soap Co. "Hombres Barber Shop" After Shave Tonic / Coty "Stetson" EdC

IMG-2105.jpg

Loverboy was my sister's "Teen Beat/Tiger Beat" heartthrob band. She plastered her walls with pictures of the band, and of Mike Reno. Her room was directly across the hall from mine, so I heard them through two walls - the kick and Bass GTR parts are what I know best. I played guest keyboards on Turn Me Loose for an ad hoc High School Talent Show band. It was very exciting, because I got to debut my new DX7, and I got to do the sustain-portamento intro, which is a keyboard spotlight. Time has not been kind to Mr. Reno. Thanks for this choice. It sent me on a little memory rude.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2 May, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A couple from the band from a "land down under", Men at Work. Hope you enjoy.

Great (albeit rushed) shave this morning. Hit the snooze button more than normal this morning.

giphy-downsized.gif

Went back to Stirling and their excellent "Bay Rum" shave soap. Wonderful scent and lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a splash of Barberry Coast "No.28 Bay Rum Aftershave" and several sprays of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP.

Stirling Soap Co. "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST / Karve SS Christopher Bradley Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Barberry Coast "No.28 Bay Rum Aftershave" Splash / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-2112.jpg

Men At Work was the first band I liked from their first single. So this is a great way to start the day. Oh....and if you ever get a chance to see Colin Hay (the lead singer) live....its so worth it. He tells stories between songs. and puts on a great show. He still has that voice.

3 May, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock" Wednesday and for your morning listening enjoyment, I'm featuring a couple from Burbank, CA blues singer and guitarist Bonnie Raitt.

Wonderful shave this morning! Went back to Saponificio Varesino and their 70th Anniversary SE soap and AS. Great lather for two passes built with the Riva ST for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching ASL and some YSL L'homme EdT.

Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary SE" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes HMW ST Badger / 70's Gillette "Black Beauty" / Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary SE" After Shave Lotion / Yves Saint Laurent "L'homme" EdT

IMG-2121.jpg

Back