The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

25 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you pleasant evening.

Keeping it soulful and funky this morning here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits All The Time®). And if I have to tell you about this guy, well.... I don't think we can be friends anymore..

Great shave this morning and featuring a little "Unobtanium" as well. Light scent but great lather from the QED Essentials "Sandalwood" shave soap built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a splash of H.ZONE Professional "Essential Man No. 1930" after shave tonic and a thorough dousinf of Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

QED Essentials "Sandalwood" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / '58 Gillette Super Speed / Polsilver
Alum / H.ZONE Professional "Essential Man No. 1930" After Shave Tonic / Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur" EdP

IMG-2059.jpg

I love it when a Chubby 2 Super pops up! It sold me on the Simpson state of mind. Very nice setup!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

26 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits All The Time®) and I'm featuring a local band this week. Hailing from Athens, AL and led by the incredible Brittany Howard, here are Alabama Shakes. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to the Pasteur Pharmacy / Wholly Kaw collaboration "Timmermann Red Label". Great scent with a strong boozy, vanilla and tobacco kick along with woody and powdery notes. The Siero base provided a super slick, cushioning lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" "Sweet Spot" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Creed "Tabarome" EdP which complements the scent of the soap & splash perfectly.

Wholly Kaw "Timmermann Red Label" Shave Cream / Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST Badger / Karve SS Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Wholly Kaw "Timmermann Red Label" After Shave Splash / Creed "Tabarome" EdP

IMG-2069.jpg

27 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you a pleasant evening.

Featuring the band today that I almost featured yesterday. Out of Worcester, MA, with a couple of hits from their 1982 chart-topping album Freeze Frame, here is The J. Geils Band. Hope you enjoy.

The new brush from Riva Brushes arrived yesterday so I, of course, had to take it for a spin this morning. Turned into another "In Praise of Italy" shave. Went back to RazoRock and their excellent P.160 tallow shave soap. Excellent lather produced by the brush! Thick, slick and very cushioning. Two passes with the 70's Gillette "Black Beauty" Super Adjustable 84 (+ touch-up) and I finished with a splash of Proraso Green AS and several sprays of Versace "Eros" EdT.

RazoRock "P.160" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Italian Heather Briar ST Badger / 70's Gillette Super Adjustable 84 Razor
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow / Alum / Proraso Green After Shave Splash / Versace "Eros" EdT

IMG-2077.jpg

The song Centerfold takes on a real world meaning for me....but not entirely in the way that they mean it.

The song Centerfold takes on a real world meaning for me....but not entirely in the way that they mean it.
Brah! What are you doing? You can't just drop a bomb like that and walk!

giphy.gif

Back