The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Dave Matthews is pretty girly I guess. But maybe a Jack Johnson might have been a better pick to represent femininity. 🤔

I figured Colgate...dental cleaning...
Was wondering if anyone would catch that... :cool:

giphy.gif

20 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had pleasant evening.

So today is "Women of Rock Wednesday... but on a Thursday" again since I completely forgot.... Again :rolleyes:

Today I'm featuring 80's greats The GoGo's with a couple from their 2 X platinum-selling album Beauty and the Beat. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning. Temps will be back into the mid 80's today so I decided to go back to @Dragonsbeard / ETHOS Grooming Essentials and his incredible Island Collection. Great scent and lather from the "Bay Rum" soap built with the new "Belfour" 26mm Sweet Spot ST badger brush from Wild West Brushworks. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with the "Tortola" skin food splash and a thorough dousing of Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Tortola" Skin Food Splash / Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-2021.jpg

21 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you pleasant evening.

Going with a couple of songs from the band Opeth this morning. Now, I know this type music isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I wanted to feature it this morning because of something that happened last night. My wife had already gone to bed and I was watching some television. At some point I drifted off into sleep and had a dream, most of which I couldn't remember when I awoke. What I do remember from it was feeling a sense of both sorrow and anxiety / anticipation. There was also some aspect of my mother (who passed in 2013 from cancer) in it as well, but I don't remember what her "role" in the dream was. Also, when I awoke, these two songs were BURNING inside my head! I got up, went to the bedroom and got into bed. I lay there in the dark, with these songs playing in my mind over and over and over. So I eventually had to get back up, put on some headphones and listen to them back to back several times. At some point, whatever it was in my mind was satiated and I was able to go back to bed and eventually back to sleep. So, from the 2008 album Watershed, here is "Coil" and "Heir Apparent".

Despite the experience, I awoke feeling rested and got a great shave on which to end the workweek. Went with lime today as it's going to be another warm and humid day (storms moving in this evening). Great scent and lather from the Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" shave cream built with the Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a splash of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Personal Blend skin food splash and a spray of Chanel "Bleu De Chanel" Parfum.

Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Badger / '58 Gillette Super Speed / Polsilver
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Personal Blend Skin Food Splash / Chanel "Bleu De Chanel" Parfum

IMG-2033.jpg

20 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had pleasant evening.

So today is "Women of Rock Wednesday... but on a Thursday" again since I completely forgot.... Again :rolleyes:

Today I'm featuring 80's greats The GoGo's with a couple from their 2 X platinum-selling album Beauty and the Beat. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning. Temps will be back into the mid 80's today so I decided to go back to @Dragonsbeard / ETHOS Grooming Essentials and his incredible Island Collection. Great scent and lather from the "Bay Rum" soap built with the new "Belfour" 26mm Sweet Spot ST badger brush from Wild West Brushworks. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with the "Tortola" skin food splash and a thorough dousing of Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Tortola" Skin Food Splash / Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP

View attachment 109524
Love me some Go-Go's!!!!

21 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you pleasant evening.

Going with a couple of songs from the band Opeth this morning. Now, I know this type music isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I wanted to feature it this morning because of something that happened last night. My wife had already gone to bed and I was watching some television. At some point I drifted off into sleep and had a dream, most of which I couldn't remember when I awoke. What I do remember from it was feeling a sense of both sorrow and anxiety / anticipation. There was also some aspect of my mother (who passed in 2013 from cancer) in it as well, but I don't remember what her "role" in the dream was. Also, when I awoke, these two songs were BURNING inside my head! I got up, went to the bedroom and got into bed. I lay there in the dark, with these songs playing in my mind over and over and over. So I eventually had to get back up, put on some headphones and listen to them back to back several times. At some point, whatever it was in my mind was satiated and I was able to go back to bed and eventually back to sleep. So, from the 2008 album Watershed, here is "Coil" and "Heir Apparent".

Despite the experience, I awoke feeling rested and got a great shave on which to end the workweek. Went with lime today as it's going to be another warm and humid day (storms moving in this evening). Great scent and lather from the Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" shave cream built with the Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a splash of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Personal Blend skin food splash and a spray of Chanel "Bleu De Chanel" Parfum.

Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Badger / '58 Gillette Super Speed / Polsilver
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Personal Blend Skin Food Splash / Chanel "Bleu De Chanel" Parfum

View attachment 109614
The veil between mortal and eternal is sometimes thin. Sounds like your brain worked something out unconsciously if you woke up rested! I’ll cheers to that! 🍻

24 April, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you a great weekend.

Break out the polyester suits, gold chains and platform shoes! I'm grooving it up this morning with a couple from Dayton, OH based funk / disco greats, Heatwave. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Went back to @Dragonsbeard / ETHOS Grooming Essentials and his namesake soap and skin food masterpiece this morning. Great scent with dark, smoky, woody resinous notes and super slick, cushioning lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a splash of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Dragonsbeard" skin food splash and a spray of Viktor & Rolf "SpiceBomb" EdT.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Dragonsbeard" Shave Cream / Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / Karve SS Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Dragonsbeard" Skin Food Splash / Viktor & Rolf "SpiceBomb" EdT

IMG-2054.jpg

Back