The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

20 March, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Getting some tunes rolling this morning with 90's greats, Foo Fighters. Hope you enjoy!

It may be the first day of Spring, but it's still the dead of winter here.. 23° this morning. Gradual warm up through the rest of the week though.

Started the day with a great shave. Went back to Stirling and their "Bonafide" soap / splash. Inspired by Prada L'Homme and a pretty good dupe, I must say. Excellent lather whilled up with the Simpson Chubby for two passes (+ touch up) and I finished with the matching splash and several sprays of Prada "Prada L'Homme".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Bonafide" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / Rockwell Model T / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Bonafide" After Shave Splash / Prada "Prada L'Homme" EdT

IMG-1782.jpg

21 March, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Heading back to the 70's this morning with a couple from Michigan rockers, Grand Funk Railroad. Hope you enjoy!

Went back to Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser", their homage to Mennen "Skin Bracer". The soap smells identical to the renowned elixir and produced a wonderfully slick, yogurt-like lather with the Yaqi "Mojito" brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a splash of Skin Bracer and several sprays of PAA's matching EdP. Aromatic fougere goodness!

Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser" Shave Soap / Yaqi "Mojito" 2 Band Badger / Merkur Futur / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Mennen "Skin Bracer" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser" EdP

IMG-1789.jpg

22 March, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I featuring Pennsylvanian rockers, Halestorm. Hope you enjoy!

Rainy morning but warmer and it looks like we'll be in a warming trend for at least the next ten day (Hallelujah!!!)

"Budget" Shaves Day 1" (formerly known as "cheapie" shaves)

Great shave this morning. Went back to the winning combination of Stirling Soap Co. "Bay Rum" and Clubman "VIBR". Excellent lather produced with the Semogue SOC super badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a generous splash of Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum" and a spray of Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP.

Stirling Soap Co. "Bay Rum" / Semogue SOC Super Badger / Rockwell Model T / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-1796.jpg

23 March, 2023

I'm in an R&B / Soul mood this morning so I'm kicking the day off with a couple from The Isley Brothers. Hope you enjoy!

Forecast to hit 80° today so I went with some warmer weather scents.

"Budget Friendly Shaves - Day 2"

Another great shave this morning. "Lime" is the word for today and so I grabbed the jar of TOBS "Lime Zest" cream. Wonderfully bright lime and orange opening with notes of lavender and tarragon resting on a base of cedar and patchouli. Excellent lather produced with the Shavemac 177 ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a generous splash of RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" after shave tonic and a spray of Halloween Man "Hero" EdT.

Taylor of Old Bond Street "Lime Zest" Shave Cream / Shavemac 177 ST Badger / Imperium Shaving DE / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic / Halloween Man "Hero" EdT

IMG-1800.jpg

24 March, 2023

In the 80's, EVERYONE knew who Jan Hammer was for his work on the television show, "Miami Vice". I loved the show's main theme and had it on 45. So, I'm featuring a couple from him today, only the music is more recent. Same sound though. It's as if he hasn't upgraded his synths since the 80's (and that's just fine with me). Here's a couple from his 2018 album Seasons Pt. 1. Hope you enjoy!

Another warm March day, only they're forecasting bad storms this evening and overnight. Hope it washes some of the pollen away at least.

"Budget Friendly Shaves - Day 3"

Another great shave this morning. Setting sail on a superbly scented sojourn on the Mediterranean with Creed's "Erolfa". This is courtesy of The Razor Company's collaborative soap & splash set, "The People's Project". Excellent lather produced with the Semogue SOC Caravela badger/boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with a generous splash of the matching after shave and a spray of Creed "Erolfa" EdP.

The Razor Company "The People's Project" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Caravela Brush / Rockwell Model T
Gillette Silver Blue /
Alum / The Razor Company "The People's Project" After Shave Splash / Creed "Erolfa" EdP

IMG-1808.jpg

27 March, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Heading back to the decade of platform shoes, wide collars and polyester suits. Here's some KC and the Sunshine Band to get you dancing on this Monday. Hope you enjoy!

"Budget Friendly Shaves - Day 6"

One of the best shave I've ever had this morning. Don't think I could have gotten a better one with products costing five to six times as much. Haven't used the C.O. Bigelow cream in a LONG time and had forgotten how good it is. There was a time before I joined here (took a break form all shaving forums) that this was the only cream I used. Wonderfully scented and slick lather for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '68 Slim and I finished with a splash of Aqua Velva Classic "Ice Blue" and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdT.

C.O. Bigelow "Premium Shave Cream" / RazoRock "Chubby" 506 ST Badger / 1968 Gillette Slim / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Aqua Velva Classic "Ice Blue" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdT

IMG-1833.jpg

I’m surprised Sam hasn’t popped in yet!

“Considering you only shave once a day, every day you have the best shave that morning!”
:unsure:

giphy-downsized.gif

Back