The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I’m beginning to think you‘re a music producer on the side with all these great unknown bands!

Too bad the kid isn’t from Georgia - that would have been a great Segway into the Devil went down to Georgia……and the Devil Went Down To Alabama because it was on the way - just doesn’t have the same flow.

Hope the kid works out! Have a fantastic day!

9 March, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Talking Heads Thursday" so here are a couple of gems for you. Hope you enjoy!

A little later post today. Had some things to do this morning in setting some more of my dad's remaining affairs in order. Just about have all things taken care of. Still some insurance issues I'm navigating. They certainly don't make things easy. :rolleyes:

Great shave to start the day. Went back to First Line Shave and "Delmar Blvd.". Inspired by Bond No.9's "Bleecker Street" frag. Can't comment on the accuracy because I've never tried the original. Love the scent and the lather was very slick and cushioning. Two passes with the 61 "Fatboy" and I finished with the matching splash and EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

First Line Shave "Delmar Blvd." Shave Soap / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / First Line Shave "Delmar Blvd." After Shave Splash / First Line Shave "Delmar Blvd." EdP

IMG-1677.jpg

Last edited:
Great shave - and love the scent!

You’d think that closing the things out that you have to do would be made easy - but I’m sure the people that make it more difficult don’t have a motivation to make it easier.

Have a fantastic day!

Definitely a modern classic!
I played bass in a Bluegrass band back in the early 2000's and we would do "Man of Constant Sorrow". Always a crowd favorite.

giphy.gif

10 March, 2023

Let's get some music going and today I'm featuring the late, great Robert Palmer. Hope you enjoy!

Slowly getting some things in order financially so I can (hopefully) retire in four years. Sent in the final payment yesterday on one of the two credit cards I have. Crash and burn stupid interest rate!! Feels so good!

giphy.gif

That one had a higher interest rate than the other. Now to roll that payment over into the other card and get it paid off ASAP, hopefully by the end of the year.

Great shave to start the day. Went back to the Wholly Kaw & Pasteur Pharmacy collab, "Timmermann Red Label" (thanks again, Rudolph buddy!). Love the scent! I characterize it as a barbershop located inside an exclusive, upscale bar with rum, vanilla, tobacco, cinnamon, woody and some powdery notes. Excellent lather whipped up with the Simpson "Chubby" for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching splash and a generous dousing of Maison Margiela "Jazz Club" (broke down and ordered a bottle) which complemented the notes of the soap / splash nicely.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Wholly Kaw "Timmermann Red Label" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Wholly Kaw "Timmermann Red Label" After Shave Splash / Maison Margiela REPLICA "Jazz Club" EdT

IMG-1684.jpg

13 March, 2023

Oy! I hate this time change crap! Even my coffee needs coffee this morning.

giphy.gif

So, since "springing forward" (and it's inherent unpleasantness) seems a thing, here's a couple of songs about time. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went with a "rose" theme. Great lather and scent from the Wholly Kaw "Chypre Rose Concerto" for two passes (+touch-up) with the "Fatboy" and I finished with LA Shaving Soap Co. "Black Rose" AS and Czech & Speake "No. 88" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Wholly Kaw "Chypre Rose Concerto" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rosé Noir" Badger / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / LA Shaving Soap Co. "Black Rose" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "No. 88" EdC

IMG-1705.jpg

14 March, 2023

Featuring a couple from British art/pop rock band The Alan Parsons Project for today's morning music.

Hope you enjoy!

Another great shave this cold and frosty morning. Went back to Saponificio Varesino and their "Opuntia" soap & splash. Excellent lather built up with the Semogue SOC "Caravela" mixed badger/boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the "Fatboy" and I finished with the matching ASL and several sprays of Chanel "Pour Monsieur" EdP.

Nothing much to report on the home front. Supposed to have part two of the new country band guitarist audition tonight. Gave him some homework with a list of the entire first set song list and I'm curious to see how much (or little) progress he's made in a week. I hope the guy works out. He's a GREAT guitarist.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC "Caravela" Brush / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" After Shave Lotion / Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur" EdP

IMG-1716.jpg

Back