The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

28 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

I'm punking it up on this, the last day of February! Straight outta Queens, NY here is the Ramones. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave with which to end the month. Went back to "Cosmo" from Saponificio Varesino. Great spicy, woody combo with a blast of citrus on the top. Excellent lather from the "REM Cycle" sweet-spot badger for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching ASL and Divine's "L'Homme Sage" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" Badger / EJ 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" After Shave Lotion / Divine "L'Homme Sage" EdT

IMG-1598.jpg

1 March, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a wonderful day.

Back home finally and thought about going into work for the rest of the day...

giphy-downsized.gif

All work done and my wallet is quite a bit lighter now, but needed to be done. So, whatcha gonna do? Started off with a great shave though. Got in a soap / splash set of "Pasteur's Alchemy" made by Wholly Kaw. GREAT soap! Hadn't used any WK software in a while and had forgotten how good their "Bufala" base is. Excellent lather whipped up with the Shavemac 177 silver tip for two passes with the Fatboy and I finished with the matching splash and a dousing of "Prada L'Homme".

Have a wonderful day. :)

Wholly Kaw "Pasteur's Alchemy" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 Silver Tip / 61 Gillette Fatboy / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Wholly Kaw "Pasteur's Alchemy" After Shave Splash / Prada "Prada L'Homme" EdT

IMG-1606.jpg

2 March, 2023

In a Robert Plant mood this morning so here are a couple from his 1983 album The Principle of Moments. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. First use of the Heritage Hill "The People's Project" soap and splash (made along with 345 Soap Co. exclusively for The Razor Co.). The scent is an homage to Creed's "Erolfa" and is a pretty darned good dupe. Excellent lather whipped up with the Semogue SOC finest badger for two passes (+ touch-up) with the "Fatboy". I'm sticking with this razor for a few more shaves because I've never seen what the life span is for a Wilkinson Blade. Today was the ninth shave and still seems to be going strong. Finished with the matching splash and a blast of Alexandria Fragrances "Mediterranean Coast" EdP.

Heritage Hill + 345 Soap Co. + TRC "The People's Project" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Finest Badger / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Heritage Hill + 345 Soap Co. + TRC "The People's Project" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Mediterranean Coast" EdP

IMG-1616a.jpg

Fantastic soap & AS. Very friendly artisans - and the fact they have a soap dedicated to Independence Hall (Philly Rocks!) and this Dupe of Creed Erolfa……you know they are all right.

I don’t own any Led Zeppelin or Robert Plant songs out of a long standing protest with my favorite college roommate (long story - my roommate does rock)….so here’s the best I could do of what I do have in my collection.

Great shave Mark!

Love Plant! I finally saw the Heart tribute to Plant/Zeppelin that seemed to catch everyone’s attention a number of months back. Wasn’t too bad! I’m sure video didn’t do it proper justice and it was a “you had to be there in person” kind of thing; Plant clearly loved it.

Have a good one!

I finally saw the Heart tribute to Plant/Zeppelin that seemed to catch everyone’s attention a number of months back.
You mean this? The proper way to listen is with headphones at high volume while you sing along. BTW, this is the only version of this song I'll listen to. The original was a hit when I was in high school, and OMGoodness, did it get a ton of radio play. For years, in fact.

You mean this? The proper way to listen is with headphones at high volume while you sing along. BTW, this is the only version of this song I'll listen to. The original was a hit when I was in high school, and OMGoodness, did it get a ton of radio play. For years, in fact.
Yep, that’s the one!

3 March, 2023

The Jazz world lost one of its greats yesterday with the passing of composer and saxophonist, Wayne Shorter. Here are a couple of my favorites cuts. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Nothing fancy or flashy. Just quality products that provided a damn fine shave! I've always loved TOBS's "Avocado" shave cream. It has such a cool, soothing scent which is very relaxing. The lather is fantastic as well. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the Fatboy and I finished with some Nivea Sensitive after shave balm and an ample sousing of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza.

TOBS "Avocado" Shave Cream / YAQI "Bali" ST Badger / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Nivea "Sensitive" Post Shave Balm / Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC

IMG-1622.jpg

Back