The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

21 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's rock it up with a couple from Joe Satriani and his 1998 album Crystal Planet. Hope you enjoy!

The wife and I were speaking last night about where we'd love to travel when we retire. One place I've always wanted to visit is Sedona, AZ, among other places out west. So I needed a "desert vibe" this morning and reached for the tub of @CBLSoap.com "Hombres Barber Shop". Rich, fragrant lather whipped by the Zenith boar for two passes with the W. Hohn Custom DE and I finished with the matching splash and a generous spray of Creed "Royal English Leather". Excellent!!

Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

CBL Soaps "Hombres Barber Shop" Shave Soap / Zenith Boar / W. Hohn Custom DE / Gillette Platinum
Alum / CBL Soaps "Hombres Barber Shop" After Shave Tonic / Creed "Royal English Leather" EdP

IMG-1537.jpg

Last edited:
1676992307308.png

May I make a recommendation for retirement locales for you and your wife? Philadelphia my friend. Four seasons. Great hockey team. If you swing by Fairhill - affectionately known as The Badlands - they have cheap pharmaceuticals - which may come in handy in your later years (and Bruce Springsteen had a song called the Badlands - so you know it has to be a good place)…..great public transportation, which is good, because if you park your car, chances are helpful brothers full of love (that is the name of the city) will rotate your tires for you (putting them back on is optional)……and do I have to say it….Cheesesteaks!

View attachment 105579

May I make a recommendation for retirement locales for you and your wife? Philadelphia my friend. Four seasons. Great hockey team. If you swing by Fairhill - affectionately known as The Badlands - they have cheap pharmaceuticals - which may come in handy in your later years (and Bruce Springsteen had a song called the Badlands - so you know it has to be a good place)…..great public transportation, which is good, because if you park your car, chances are helpful brothers full of love (that is the name of the city) will rotate your tires for you (putting them back on is optional)……and do I have to say it….Cheesesteaks!
7bxj2v.jpg

All you east coast guys pretend that whole 2 inches of the right side of the map isn't humidity and sweat in the summer and shoveling and black ice in the winter.
You are always a glass have empty kind of guy…….humidity = no need for dry cleaning & press - your clothes are always pressed……sweat? (Some people pay hundreds of dollars at spas to have open pores)….shoveling (no need for a gym membership)….and black ice (matches the color of your peated Scotch) - people will think you’re drinking you whisky neat - like a man!

and black ice (matches the color of your peated Scotch) - people will think you’re drinking you whisky neat - like a man!
giphy.gif

All you east coast guys pretend that whole 2 inches of the right side of the map isn't humidity and sweat in the summer and shoveling and black ice in the winter.
Inland is humid, but there is AC, but the east coast proper is breezy, of course. Winter ends about the same time every year. (y)

22 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wanted to feature a couple from the late, great Jeff Beck again today, but it's "Women of Rock" Wednesday. So I made sure to choose videos that feature bassist extraordinaire, Tal Wilkenfeld. Hope you enjoy!

Gonna be close to 80° the next few days so I'm bringing out some of my warmer months scents. Today I went with one of the new ones from @Dragonsbeard , "Bergamotto". Man, this stuff smells great! Fresh, bright with a hint of a peppery herbalness. Exceptional lather whipped up with the new Zenith Manchurian for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 and I finished with the matching splash and Pepe Jeans "London Cocktail" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Shave Soap / Zenith Manchurian Badger / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Skin Food Splash / Pepe Jeans "London Cocktail" EdT

IMG-1551.jpg

I see Keith Richards is a Jeff Beck fan. How old is bassist Tal Wilkenfeld? She looks too young to tour! Thank you for featuring Jeff Beck. Haven't listened to him in years. Boy, has his music matured, and perhaps my ears have as well. On the second video, a gentle, subtle song, watching him sweat and seeing the sweat dripping off his guitar neck as he coaxes the sweetest sounds from his guitar was amazing. ☺️

Back