The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Still the best Sandalwood I’ve tried yet! Great shave today Mark! Hope the day is going good as well.

Still the best Sandalwood I’ve tried yet! Great shave today Mark! Hope the day is going good as well.
It's okay.... For a Monday..

giphy-downsized.gif

Have a great one brother! 😁

14 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Got some ELO for you this morning. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. The new Simpson came in so I had to use it this morning. It produced a great lather from the PAA "Sun Down" soap for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Fatboy and I finished with the matching splash and EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / 61 Fatboy / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" EdP

IMG-1482.jpg

Love that scent - I wonder how difficult it would be to find the original by Gillette?

While I love me some ELO - you missed a great opportunity for Valentine’s Day music - I would have thought Barry White would have shown up on your playlist or Marvin Gaye’s Let’s Get it On……

I shall try hard not to tell your wife that you chose Evil Woman as a song on this day of hearts 😂

1676386473402.gif

15 February, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple of tracks from the beautiful and talented Sheryl Crow. Hope you enjoy.

Exceptionally nice shave this morning! Went back to @Dragonsbeard and his wonderful Bay Rum soap and skin food. This is rapidly becoming my favorite bay rum scented product. Wonderful lather whipped up courtesy of the Semogue SOC "Caravela" boar / badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the W. Hohn custom razor and I finished with the matching skin food and several sprays of Barberry Coast (formerly Hemingway Accoutrements) "Nature Isle" EdP.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC "Caravela" Brush / W. Hohn Custom Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Skin Food Splash / Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-1491.jpg

16 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening..

Getting some shave-appropriate music this morning. Enjoy.

Wanted a proper "badass" shave this morning. And if that's the kind of shave you're after, you have to use the proper equipment. No other soap would be more apropos IMO than Hendrix Classics' "Badass" shave soap! I mean, just look at that label! And the scent notes? Citrus top over oakmoss and cedar. Even Pai Mei approves!

giphy.gif

Next, the brush. No other type brush is more manly that the classic boar bristle so I grabbed the manly 28mm Zenith boar and whipped up an incredible lather for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6. Now, some out there would feel that for a shave to be truly "badass", a straight razor would be required. However, as I shave in the shower (which is no place for a fully-exposed hunk of literally "razor sharp" metal), using one would shift said shave from "badass" to "totally insane".

For the after shave, I chose one of the most "badass", manly splashes out there, MANDOM! Why? Because Charles Bronson. None more "badass"!

giphy.gif

Finally, I finished with a "badass" blast of musky goodness from the Avon "Black Suede".

Hope you have a "badass" day! :cool:

Hendrix Classics & Co. "Badass" Shave Soap / Zenith Boar / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / MANDOM After Shave Lotion / Vintage Avon "Black Suede" EdC

IMG-1501.jpg

17 February, 2023

It's "Fusion Friday" so I'm jazzing it up for this, the last day of the workweek with a couple from guitarist extraordinaire, Al di Meola. I actually saw them on this tour and was blown away!! Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today! Back to @Dragonsbeard and his wonderful "Vanilla Safi" shave soap. I'm so glad I grabbed a tub when it debuted. Great lather as you'd expect from ETHOS, and the vanilla scent is deep, rich and very natural. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the 61 "Fatboy" and I finished with Nivea "Vanilla & Bourbon" after shave and a generous blast of Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb".

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Vanilla Safi" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Nivea Deep Comforting "Vanilla & Bourbon" After Shave Splash / Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT

IMG-1506.jpg

Last edited:
20 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

In a Zeppelin mood this morning so here are a couple of my all-time favorites for your listening enjoyment!

Absolutely fantastic shave this morning! One of those mornings where the Shaving Gods smile down and everything goes right. Excellent lather from the Saponificio Varesino soap, whipped up with the YAQI "Bali" brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the 61 Fatboy and I finished with the matching ASL and a couple of sprays of Czech & Speake "No. 88" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful; day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia" Shave Soap / YAQI "Bali" ST / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia" After Shave Lotion / Czech & Speake "No. 88" EdC

IMG-1530.jpg

Back