The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

9 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In the mood for some Jazz / Fusion this morning so I'm featuring a couple from the late, great Allan Holdsworth. Such a unique voice on the instrument. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Razor Emporium's "King R. Emporium" soap and splash. According to RE, they were able to get an original Gillette-produced shave stick from the early 1910's and by extraction, were able to determine the scent notes. They then tapped Phoenix Shaving to produce a bespoke range of products based on the old formula. The results are a wonderful blend of old school notes that definitely fit into that 'Barbershop" category. Broke out the old Shavemac 177 silver tip today and it's just as floppy as I remember. Still, it produced a great lather for two passes (+ touch up) with the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6. I finished with the matching splash and a few sprays of "Prada L'Homme" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "King R. Emporium" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "King R. Emporium" After Shave Splash / Prada "Prada L'Homme" EdT

IMG-1441.jpg

Didn’t realize PAA was officially sanctioned in the soap set! Wow. Unexpected move from Gillette!

10 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's finally Friday! So, for today's morning music, I wanted to feature something fun and light. So here are a couple form 80's greats Wang Chung. Hope you enjoy.

Not a very exciting shave visually today, but the results were stellar. Had seen several SOTDs this week featuring MdC soaps and it moved me to break out my own jar of Original. This is one of very few vegan soaps whose lather IMO goes toe-to-toe with the best tallow soaps out there. Extremely thick, slick and cushioning lather built with the Chubby for two passes with the Hohn custom DE and, keeping with the lavender theme, I finished with some Paul Sebastian ASB and EdC. Excellent!

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 / W. Hohn Custom Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Paul Sebastian After Shave Balm / Paul Sebastian EdC

IMG-1448.jpg

Last edited:
Especially if you’re going around Wang Chunging everybody!
giphy.gif

13 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some tunes going this morning and today I'm featuring a couple from Tears for Fears. Their latest album The Tipping Point IMO was probably my favorite album of 2022. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Hadn't used The Art of Shaving "Sandalwood" in quite a while and decided to remedy that today. Exceptional lather from the cream whipped up by the Wild West Brushworks silver tip for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Techmatic and I finished with the after shave balm and EdT.

The Art of Shaving "Sandalwood" Shave Cream / WWBW "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / Techmatic / Alum
The Art of Shaving "Sandalwood" After Shave Balm / The Art of Shaving "Sandalwood" EdT

IMG-1472.jpg

Back