The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I guess Mark just can’t handle his citrus 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 104381
giphy.gif

6 February, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you have a great weekend.

I just realized that I missed "Women of Rock Wednesday" last week so I'll take care of that today. I'm diving DEEP into the "Realms of the Obscure" with a couple of songs from an artist that I've been following for years. Sadly, she has never got the attention she deserved. Her name is Lana Lane. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Skipped yesterday to give my face a rest after the awful shave I had Saturday. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Irish Springs" for some spicy-green goodness. Exceptionally thick and slick lather whipped up with the Chubby 2 for two passes (+ touch-up) with the "Mystery Personna" SE (I still have no idea either where this razor came from or how long I've had it) and I finished with the matching splash and Davidoff "Cool Water" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Irish Springs" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby 2" / Personna SE / Alum
Phoenix Shaving "Irish Springs" After Shave Splash / Davidoff "Cool Water" EdT

IMG-1418.jpg

Love the Mystery Razor. My father had a Personna injector, but I don't remember it looking like that. Never paid much attention back then in my pre-whiskers stage.

7 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

After the posts in @Graybeard57 thread yesterday, I had to feature Hall & Oates for today's Morning Music! Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went with a Platinum Égoïste theme for today's shave. The scent of the soap is literally spot-on but the lather isn't as nice as I'd prefer. It was nice and provided enough slip for the shave but seemed to not be as dense as I prefer. Gonna experiment with it a little more. Think I'll use a badger next time and see if things improve. Two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" after shave and EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

The Goodfellas' Smile "Solo" Shave Soap / PAA "Astraeus" Synth / W. Hohn Custom Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" After Shave Lotion / Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" EdT

IMG-1428.jpg

Excellent setup today Mark!

Do you get to proudly play your music out loud at the office or do they make you wear headphones?

8 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits, All The Time 0174®) and today I'm featuring a couple from the incredible Delores O'Riordan and her band The Cranberries. This band (for me) was one of the highlights of the 90's and I was shocked when I heard of her passing in 2018. Hope you enjoy.

I was in dire need of a citrus fix this morning so for today's shave I grabbed the tub of ( @Scuttlesoap approved) TOBS "Grapefruit" shave cream. The PAA "Atomic Rocket" whipped up a thick and slick lather for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 40's Aristocrat and I finished with a splash of RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" after shave tonic and a spray of Creed "Erolfa" EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Taylor of Old Bond Street "Grapefruit" Shave Cream / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Synth / Aristocrat
Polsilver / Alum / RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic / Creed "Erolfa" EdP

IMG-1434.jpg

Back