The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

6 December, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some music going this morning and I'm taking the advice @GearNoir and having a "Til Tuesday Tuesday". Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went with Razor Emporium's "Old School" today. Leather and tobacco for days with a touch of spicy clove and frankincense. The white musk is more evident in the splash. Very slick lather. Two passes + touch-up and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Razor Emporium "Old School" Shave Soap / WWBW "Milky Way" Synth / Gillette Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Razor Emporium "Old School" After Shave Splash / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-0986.jpg

7 December, 2022

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" again and today I'm featuring a couple more from the 70's rock powerhouse, The Runaways. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! First use of the new one from Barrister and Mann. "Smoking Bishop" is, according to the website, a Victorian mulled wine so named because it's served heated to steaming, but not boiling, and drunk from warmed bowls or glasses. The scent is a mesmerizing blend of boozy, citrus and spicy scents that really make me want to try to make some of this for Christmas! The lather was phenomenal! Very slick but also thick and cushioning. Two passes + touch-up and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of CK One Shock.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Barrister and Mann "Smoking Bishop" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" Synth / 40's Gillette Aristocrat / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Barrister and Mann "Smoking Bishop" After Shave Splash / Calvin Klein "CK One Shock" EdT

IMG-0999.jpg

8 December, 2022

Getting some music going for you today and I'm going with some laid back, December Jazz. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Seasonal, but a mix of disparate scents that divide the shave up into three sections. First, the "Magi" soap from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is a very resinous, dry scent with a huge kick of frankincense and myrrh right off the bat. Earthy and slightly floral with an almost medicinal note way back in there as well. Great lather for two passes and I followed with a splash of "Citrus & Spruce" after shave from Craftsman Soap Co. This was an Etsy discovery and I really like it! Spruce and fir take center stage with bright grapefruit playing more of a supporting role. The notes are very natural smelling owing to the use of essential oils and it has a nice alcohol kick. I plan to explore this artisan more. Finally, keeping with the evergreen notes, I finished with a spray (or three) of Stirling's "Christmas Eve" EdT. This is such a cheerful scent and the addition of cranberry, vanilla and other spices brings a festive warmth. Excellent!!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Magi" Shave Soap / Simpson "Commodore" X3 BB / Phoenix Shaving "META-4" / Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Alum /
Craftsman Soap Co. "Citrus & Spruce" After Shave Splash / Stirling Soap Co. "Christmas Eve" EdT

IMG-1007.jpg

Last edited:
9 December, 2022

It's Fusion Friday so I'm featuring a couple of Chick Corea Band alumni, drummer Dave Weckl and bassist John Patitucci. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving's "Atomic Pumpkin". West Indian Bay, Moro Blood Orange, Allspice, Lite Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, and Elemi Resin. I really love this scent and the lather quality is superb. Two passes + touch-up and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Atomic Age Bay Rum EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Pumpkin" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / 1940's Gillette Aristocrat / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Pumpkin" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Age Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-1017.jpg

Back