The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

22 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a chill mood this morning so I'm featuring some a Chillwave / Synthwave / Retrowave mix for your Tuesday. This is great music for me as I just let it play in the background while I work. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Borrowed a page from @Scuttlesoap and went with a citrus cola / soda scented shave. Love the scent! The label / name art brings to mind Mountain Dew but the scent (to my nose) is closer to a Mountain Dew, Sprite mix. Great lather for two passes and a touch-up and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Paco Rabanne "1 Million" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Central Texas Soaps "Hill Country Dew" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" Synth / Gillette Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Central Texas Soaps "Hill Country Dew" After Shave Splash / Paco Rabanne "1 Million" EdT

IMG-0875.jpg

Man, I haven’t had a Mountain Dew in ages! There’s a blast from the high school past 😂

Hope it’s a chill work day ahead for ya!

Most excellent shave - Central Texas Soaps IMO knocked it out of the park with this scent and with the West Coast Shaving special Mr. Pepper!

I think you are missing a perfect opportunity opportunity about Tuesdays and the 80’s………’Til Tuesday Tuesdays!

Most excellent shave - Central Texas Soaps IMO knocked it out of the park with this scent and with the West Coast Shaving special Mr. Pepper!

I think you are missing a perfect opportunity opportunity about Tuesdays and the 80’s………’Til Tuesday Tuesdays!
Why didn't I think of that?!?!?

giphy-downsized.gif

23 November, 2022

It's Women of Rock Wednesday and for today's segment I'm featuring music by the lovely and talented Amy Lee and her band Evanescence. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Had a different one all planned out but changed at the last moment for a Bay Rum fix. Phoenix Shaving's Atomic Age Bay Rum is one of the best out there. Thick, slick, fragrant lather for three passes and I finished with the matching splash and EdP.

Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / 1953 Gillette SS / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Age Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Age Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-0880.jpg

Not sure how I feel about Evanescence…certainly a very iconic 90s band…definitely got hugely overplayed and a tad annoying 😂

28 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Need a pick-me-up to get me going this Monday after the long weekend. And so, here's a couple from Pablo Cruise. Hope you enjoy!

A nice "Aqua Velva" shave this morning featuring Phoenix Shaving's "Sacré Bleu" shave soap.Great scent and lather for two passes + touch-up and I finished with a splash of AV "Classic Ice Blue" after shave and a spray of vintage Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur.

Phoenix Shaving "Sacré Bleu" Shave Soap / WWBW "Invasion" Synth / Gillette Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Aqua Velva "Classic Ice Blue" After Shave Splash / Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EdC

IMG-0919.jpg

29 November, 2022

In a Pink Floyd mood this morning so here is the 1994 album The Division Bell in its entirety. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. First use this season of Stirling Soap Company's "Christmas Eve". Great seasonal scent! I have the soap and splash and just ordered the matching balm and EdT. Two passes (+ touch up) and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Viktor & Rolf "SpiceBomb" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Stirling Soap Company "Christmas Eve" Shave Soap / WWBW "Holly" Synth / 40's Gillette Aristocrat / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Company "Christmas Eve" After Shave Splash / Viktor & Rolf "SpiceBomb" EdT

IMG-0927.jpg

Back