The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Not only is Patitucci The Flash…he’s also a Master of the digital realm! 😂 great music…funny cover 😂

Have a great Friday Mark!

12 December, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Some holiday music (with a twist) this morning courtesy of Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Went back to Barrister and Mann "Nordost". I LOVE the scent and performance of this one. It'll be in rotation throughout the colder months and maybe on into Spring. The razor is one I've had for a while but haven't used much. Think there's a problem with the adjustment mechanism. Seemed to have very little effect when turned. I had to crank it up to 9 to get a decent shave. Usually on my other Slims I can get by at 5 or 6. Still, two passes + touch-up for a DFS result and I finished with the matching balm and spray of Hermes "Terre d'Hermes" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Barrister and Mann "Nordost" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" Synth / 60's Gillette Slim / Wizamet
Alum / Barrister and Mann "Nordost" After Shave Balm / Hermes "Terre d'Hermes" EdT

IMG-1043.jpg

Just wanted to post an update..

Last night I received the phone call I've been dreading. My dad's health has deteriorated to the point where the doctors can no longer do anything for him and he's being sent home under Hospice care. My wife and I, along with my brother and sister will be leaving to go to Florida tomorrow. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers, especially my father.

Last night I received the phone call I've been dreading. My dad's health has deteriorated to the point where the doctors can no longer do anything for him and he's being sent home under Hospice care. My wife and I, along with my brother and sister will be leaving to go to Florida tomorrow. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers, especially my father.
I’m sorry to hear that Mark.

Praying for safe travels, good moments together, and peace.

Mark:
I know where you are at Brother We will keep you and your family in our Prayers If there is ANYTHING YOU NEED, feel free to reach out to Myself, Chris, or Chad.. We ARE here for you and your Family

I am sorry to hear that Mark. Prayers and well wishes for all !!!!!!!!!! Hey you never know, this is the time of year for miracles I pray you guys get one !!!!!!!!! I wish for you and your loved ones a safe journey my friend...
istockphoto-137993246-612x612.jpg
-praying-at-sunset (1).jpg
00794b1485b5885866d05996c6bebe6f.gif

Update.

Still in Alabama. My dad wants us to wait until he's back home and settled before we come down. I understand. We went though this when my mom passed back in 2013. Lots of moving furniture around, bringing in the hospital bed, etc. They're supposed to deliver and setup the equipment Thursday and transfer him home Friday. So the plan now is to drive down Saturday.

A quick update on this Noche Buena / Christmas Eve.

Dad is doing well and thankfully is still with us. Basically a lot of misinterpretations and misunderstandings led to him believing that there was nothing more that could be don’t for him. But after multiple meetings with his doctors, Hospice and his priest, we and he now understand that he can remain home and still receive the medical and rehabilitative services he needs. People hear “hospice” and automatically think “end of life”. But they also offer quality of life and other basic services for non-terminal patients.

He understands that though things may not be the same as they were before his accident, it doesn’t mean that life is over. He still has things he wants to do and my brother and I have talked with him and he wants to live. He wants to try to get back to where he was before and he now knows what he must do to get there.

So thank you all for the prayers and positive vibes. They are greatly appreciated. And from my entire family, we hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Pardon any typos or grammatical errors. Fat fingers and tiny iPhone keyboards don’t mesh well. 🎄 🎅

So glad there has been some clarity and more precious time given! We never know when our numbers up but might as well make the best out of each day along the way.
People hear “hospice” and automatically think “end of life”. But they also offer quality of life and other basic services for non-terminal patients.
So true. We have a palliative care section and have had sometimes “graduate” off of hospice services. It’s great when people get to stay home and surrounded by loved ones, sick or not.

Back