The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

10 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some tunes rolling this morning and I'm in a funky mood so here is the 1991 debut album from singer Seal. Hope you enjoy!

Looking forward to the three day weekend and a nice "Old Spice" shave was a great way to round out the workweek. Cooper & French's "Old Goat" is one of the best smelling and performing soaps I've used. Excellent slick and cushioning lather for two passes and a touch up and I finished with a splash of CVS brand "Spice Scent" after shave and a spray of P&G Old Spice. The CVS after shave is excellent! Sadly it's now discontinued and I wish I had gotten more of it before it disappeared. Also has anyone heard of P&G reformulating the cologne? I swear there's been a recent change.. Less talc and more "spice".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Cooper & French "Old Goat" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / RazoRock "Game Changer" .68-P
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CVS "Spice Scent" After Shave Splash / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-0775.jpg

Getting some tunes rolling this morning and I'm in a funky mood so here is the 1991 debut album from singer Seal. Hope you enjoy!
Hah! Just recently watched “Me Time” with Kevin Hart. Seal was in it for a cameo appearance. Dude hasn’t aged a day since the 90s!

11 November, 2022

Hello Cadre! And to my fellow veterans, thank you for your service. It's an honor for me to be counted among you.

It's Fusion Friday and here is pianist Hiromi Uehara and the Hiromi Trio Project. Hope you enjoy.

Spending the day doing odd jobs around the house. Really wet and rainy out so inside is better. Started the day with a great shave though. First use of HC&C's "Badass" shave soap. Great scent and lather! Citrus with oakmoss and woods. Two passes, plus touch-up and I finished with a splash of Skin Bracer "Cool Spice" and a spray of Dior "Bois d'Argent" EdC.

Hope you're having a great day. :)

Hendrix Classics & Co. "Badass" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / 1953 Gillette SS / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Skin Bracer "Cool Spice" After Shave Splash / Dior La Collection Privée "Bois d'Argent" EdC

IMG-0785.jpg

14 November, 2022

Temps in the 20's this morning! Makes me yearn for the climes of southern Florida. So for today's Morning Music I'm featuring a musical "story" that takes place in The Magic City. The story goes..

"In 1987, a dusty cassette tape is discovered among the shelves of a downtown Miami record store. The tape is believed to contain the last known whereabouts of Jack Fisher, a case-hardened detective from New York who has been missing for two years. Although discolored by the neon lights, this cassette unravels the story of Jack Fisher and chronicles the pursuits of a ghost in Miami.”

Here is Metropolis. Hope you enjoy

Great shave this frigid morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving's "Ciderhouse Five" with its warm, spicy, cider goodness. Great lather for two passes and a touch-up and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)🍎

Phoenix Shaving "Ciderhouse Five" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving's "Amber Aerolite" Synth / Karve CB Razor Plate C
Wizamet / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Ciderhouse Five" After Shave Splash / Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT

IMG-0805.jpg

20’s?! Yuck …
Yep!

giphy.gif

Mmmm nothing like a nice warm, spiced cider! Perfect for such a cold day!

Hope it’s going well today Mark!

15 November, 2022

Some Tom Petty for your listening pleasure this morning. Here he is with is debut solo album from 1989. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. First use of MacDuffs Soap Company's "American Vintage" shave soap generously gifted to me by the "Pope of Philadelphia" himself, @Scuttlesoap ! Thanks again brother! I love it! This soap SCREAMS tobacco and leather with a nice spicy, cedar, oakmoss base. Wonderful scent! Exceptional lather for two passes and a touch-up and I finished with a splash of Derby City "Small Batch" shave tonic and a spray of Azzaro Pour Homme EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

MacDuffs Soap Co. "American Vintage" Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Buckeye Burl" Synth / 1953 Gillette SS
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Derby City Barbers "Small Batch" After Shave Tonic / Azzaro Pour Homme EdT

IMG-0816.jpg

Back