The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Sounds like a sweet shave with the new soap! Definitely “vintage” and not “old man” 😜

Have a good one Mark!

16 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock" Wednesday and today I'm featuring a couple from Debbie Harry and her band Blondie. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today! @GearNoir and Jack Palance inspired me to have a classic Skin Bracer shave today. Phoenix Shaving's "Shave Chaser" soap's scent is practically identical to the after shave. Two passes and a touch-up and I finished with a splash of Mennen "Skin Bracer" after shave and a spray of Phoenix Shaving's "Shave Chaser" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "The Peregrino" Synth / Karve CB Razor -Plate C
Wizamet / Alum / Mennen "Skin Bracer" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser" EdP

IMG-0822.jpg

17 November, 2022

Going back to one of the greatest albums ever made for today's music selection.. From 1983 here's The Police with Synchronicity. Hope you enjoy!

Cold morning. Not @woodpusher cold, but still frigid nonetheless. Perfect morning for some warm spicy bay rum! Went with Fine's new Bay Rum soap. Great, true bay rum scent which gives a nice tropical note to today's shave. Great lather for two passes + touch-up and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Zino Davidoff EdT.

Fine Accoutrements "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Big Bruce" Synth / 1953 Gillette SS / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Davidoff "Zino Davidoff" EdT

IMG-0827.jpg

Last edited:
Weather doesn’t matter when your shave has magically mentally transported you to the Caribbean seas! 🏴‍☠️

18 November, 2022

Some piano jazz with ambiance for your Friday morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their "Sun Down" soap / AS. Not many more shave is this tub. There are two rather large holes in the soap where I can see the bottom of the tub. Luckily I got a few backup tubs before the line was discontinued. Two passes + touch-up for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching Star Jelly After Shave and a spray of YSL "M7 Fresh" EdT.

Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" Synth / Karve CG Razor - Plate C / Wizamet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" Star Jelly Aftershave / Yves Saint Laurent "M7 Fresh" EdT

IMG-0840.jpg

21 November, 2022

Getting some music going for you this morning with a couple of early 80's gems. Had "1st Wave" playing pretty much all weekend on Sirius and man, that brought back some great memories! Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave on this frigid morning. 21° when I got out of bed this morning. So I decided to go with Stirling's "Barbershop" with it's warm, amber and talc with some vanilla and bay. Great choice! Two passes + touch-up and I finished with the matching splash and EdT. 💈

Stirling Soap Co. "Barbershop" Shave Soap / WWBW "Jolly" Synth / 1953 Gillette SS / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Barbershop" After Shave Splash / Stirling Soap Co. "Barbershop"EdT

IMG-0859.jpg

Back