The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Hope the doc’s visit went well!

I haven’t taken my GC out for a spin in quite a while! Gonna have to do that next break period from the Essence!

4 November, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great Friday.

The posts may be later than normal but there will always be music! Here's some Led Zep to put some pep in your step!

Great shave to start out the day. My order of "Clown Fruit" finally arrived from Phoenix Shaving. Was hoping to have it before Halloween (thanks for nothing USPS :rolleyes: ). It was worth the wait though. Fantastic lather and great scent. Fruity and woody mainly to my nose but I really like it! Superb lather from the CK-6 base. Two passes and a touch up for a fantastic DFS result. I used to always do only two passes in the past and may go back to that. With good technique and a little touch up on those problem areas, I get close to the same results as three passes. Also, I'm not expecting to have to stand any personnel inspections in the foreseeable future so slightly less than perfect results are okay for me.

Finished with the matching Star Jelly after shave and a spray of Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT.

Have a great rest of your day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Clown Fruit" Shave Soap / WWBW "Candy Corn" Synth / 1970 Gillette Black Beauty / Wizamet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Clown Fruit" Star Jelly Aftershave / Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT

IMG-0636.jpg

28 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Being this close to Halloween, I wanted to feature something a little macabre, something a little weird and I can think of nothing more apropos than Alice Cooper and his 1975 album, Welcome to My Nightmare. Back then Cooper was a raging alcoholic and was actually committed to an institution once to help with his addiction. This album, I read, was partially inspired by his time spent in the place and being surrounded by the sick and the insane. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Went back to Southern Witchcrafts "Desairology" soap. Three passes for a DFS++ result and I finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Deep Woods" after shave splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Rogue Perfumery "Mousse Illuminée" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Southern Witchcrafts "Desairology" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks Synth / 1958 Gillette Super Speed / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" After Shave Splash / Rogue Perfumery "Mousse Illuminée" EdT

View attachment 96726
Alice,my man..:cool:

4 November, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great Friday.

The posts may be later than normal but there will always be music! Here's some Led Zep to put some pep in your step!

Great shave to start out the day. My order of "Clown Fruit" finally arrived from Phoenix Shaving. Was hoping to have it before Halloween (thanks for nothing USPS :rolleyes: ). It was worth the wait though. Fantastic lather and great scent. Fruity and woody mainly to my nose but I really like it! Superb lather from the CK-6 base. Two passes and a touch up for a fantastic DFS result. I used to always do only two passes in the past and may go back to that. With good technique and a little touch up on those problem areas, I get close to the same results as three passes. Also, I'm not expecting to have to stand any personnel inspections in the foreseeable future so slightly less than perfect results are okay for me.

Finished with the matching Star Jelly after shave and a spray of Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT.

Have a great rest of your day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Clown Fruit" Shave Soap / WWBW "Candy Corn" Synth / 1970 Gillette Black Beauty / Wizamet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Clown Fruit" Star Jelly Aftershave / Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT

View attachment 97342
we seem to be apples from a similar tree..great zeppelin album Mark.:cool:..and yes,it's friday,phones will be blasting tonight..

7 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Back in the office today and the feeling I have is 'I can't wait til I can retire!'. Need something heavy to get going today so here is Megadeth's 1986 album Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! Went with @Dragonsbeard and his "Shave MD" from the Tribute Collection. Great lather for two passes + touch up and I finished with the matching skin food splash and a spray of Crabtree & Evelyn "Nomad" EdT.

Hope you have a great day.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Shave MD" Shave Soap / WWBW "Gold Coast" Synth / 1970 Gillette Black Beauty / Wizamet
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Shave MD" Skin Food Splash / Crabtree & Evelyn "Nomad" EdT

IMG-0741.jpg

8 November, 2022

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Another classic 80's masterpiece, this time from Mark Knopfler and his band Dire Straits. From 1985 here's Brothers in Arms. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning!. It's been a while since I last used some CBL products and wanted to remedy that today. Went with "Velvet Wood" soap and tonic for a two-pass, DFS. Finished with Rochas "Moustache" EdT. Excellent!

CBL Premium Shave Soap "Velvet Wood" Shave Soap / Maggard Razors Synth / RazoRock "Game Changer" .68-P
Wizamet / Alum / CBL Premium Shave Soap "Velvet Wood" After Shave Tonic / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

IMG-0761.jpg

8 November, 2022

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Another classic 80's masterpiece, this time from Mark Knopfler and his band Dire Straits. From 1985 here's Brothers in Arms. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning!. It's been a while since I last used some CBL products and wanted to remedy that today. Went with "Velvet Wood" soap and tonic for a two-pass, DFS. Finished with Rochas "Moustache" EdT. Excellent!

CBL Premium Shave Soap "Velvet Wood" Shave Soap / Maggard Razors Synth / RazoRock "Game Changer" .68-P
Wizamet / Alum / CBL Premium Shave Soap "Velvet Wood" After Shave Tonic / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

View attachment 97622
awesome.the "love over gold" album is my favorite. :cool:

9 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock" Wednesday and today I'm featuring a couple of songs by the female-fronted metal band Lacuna Coil. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their "King R. Emporium" soap and splash made exclusively for Razor Emporium. Very old school scent with notes of almond, lemon, bergamot, cool mint, lavender, green accord, sandalwood, cedar wood, amber, musk & West Indian Bay. Two passes and a touch-up and I finished with a spray of "Joop Homme" EdT.

Phoenix Shaving "King R. Emporium" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Peregrino" Synth / 1953 Gillette SS / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "King R. Emporium" After Shave Splash / Joop! "Joop! Homme" EdT

IMG-0769.jpg

Fantastic shave - I think the soap / AS knock it out of the park!

For some reason, every time I see Joop - I think of the Salt-n-Pepa song Shoop - my brain may need rewiring 😂

Joop Joop da Ooop Joop da Ooop (Ok, they are singing Shoop - work with me here!)

Speaking Of women of rock - what are your thoughts on L7, The Breeders, and Liz Phair?

Have a great day my friend!

Fantastic shave - I think the soap / AS knock it out of the park!

For some reason, every time I see Joop - I think of the Salt-n-Pepa song Shoop - my brain may need rewiring 😂

Joop Joop da Ooop Joop da Ooop (Ok, they are singing Shoop - work with me here!)

Speaking Of women of rock - what are your thoughts on L7, The Breeders, and Liz Phair?

Have a great day my friend!
Everytime I hear "Shoop" I think of the "Deadpool" movie. 😁

Back