The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

31 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Happy Halloween!! 👻🤡🎃💀🧙‍♀️

Getting some spooky music to set the holiday mood. Hope you enjoy!

I of course had to go with Southern Witchcrafts "Samhain" for today's shave. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Pinaud Reserve "Whiskey Woods" after shave splash and a spray of Zino Davidoff EdT. Hope you have a spook-tacular day!! :)

Southern Witchcrafts "Samhain" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Hocus Pocus" Synth / Gillette 1970 Black Beauty
Wizamet / Alum / Pinaud Reserve "Whiskey Woods" After Shave Splash / Davidoff "Zino Davidoff" EdT

IMG-0591.jpg

1 November, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great Halloween.

Getting some music going today with Journey. From 1988 here's Journey's Greatest Hits. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. First use of the vintage Crabtree & Evelyn "Soap For Men" shave soap. From what I can gather via online searches this soap is from the early-mid 80's and from the feel of the lather, I'd venture a guess that it's tallow based. Great lather but all scent seems to be gone (or is too light for my post COVID sense of smell). Scent note (again from internet investigations) were cardamom, clove, ginger, coriander, myrrh, incense, bitter orange, jasmine, and sandalwood. Three passes and I finished with a splash of vintage English Leather "Timber Line" after shave and a spray of Dana "English Leather" cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Vintage Crabtree & Evelyn "Soap For Men" Shave Soap / Rajon Cajon "Buckeye Burl" Synth / 1958 Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Vintage English Leather "Timber Line" After Shave Splash / Dana "English Leather" EdC

IMG-0609.jpg

2 November, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great day.

Sorry for the late post. The missus and I took the rest of the week off for a little "staycation" so some apropos music is in order..

Went out today and did some antiquing. Didn't find any shaving stuff but I did pick up some nice antique bottles that I plan to clean up and decant more of my after shaves in. Pics of this in the other thread.

Great shave to start the day with. New soap from Phoenix Shaving. "Lime Ginger Tea Tree" has a great scent and great lather. Two passes and I finished with a splash of vintage "Old Spice Fresh Lime" after shave and a spray of P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you're having a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Lime Ginger Tea Tree" Shave Soap / WWBW "Talisman" Synth / 1970 Gillette Black Beauty
Wizamet / Alum / Vintage "Old Spice Fresh Lime" After Shave Splash / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-0619.jpg

Last edited:
Better late to the party than never arrived!

Sounds like it was a good day! Don’t have any decent antique shops around here really 😭

2 November, 2022

Sorry for the late post. The missus and I took the rest of the week off for a little "staycation" so some apropos music is in order..

Went out today and did some antiquing. Didn't find any shaving stuff but I did pick up some nice antique bottles that I plan to clean up and decant more of my after shaves in. Pics of this in the other thread.

Great shave to start the day with. New soap from Phoenix Shaving. "Lime Ginger Tea Tree" has a great scent and great lather. Two passes and I finished with a splash of vintage "Old Spice Fresh Lime" after shave and a spray of P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you're having a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Lime Ginger Tea Tree" Shave Soap / WWBW "Talisman" Synth / 1970 Gillette Black Beauty
Wizamet / Alum / Vintage "Old Spice Fresh Lime" After Shave Splash / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

View attachment 97184

3 November, 2022

Some classic Ozzy for you today! Hope you enjoy.

Started the day with his and her's matching doctor appointments. Ahhhhh the joys of growing older. Afterward lunch together and home to start going through closets and finding stuff to take a donate to the Salvation Army. We'll be taking those out tomorrow to drop off.

Great shave this morning. Forecasting 80° today so I went with a warmer weather scent in Phoenix Shaving's "Coconut Bay with Lime" Great lather and summery scent. Two passes and a touch up and I finished with the matching splash and EdP.

Hope you're having a great day.

Phoenix Shaving "Coconut Bay with Lime" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Doppler" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Wizamet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Coconut Bay with Lime" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Coconut Bay with Lime" EdP

IMG-0629.jpg

Last edited:
Back