The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Got some rock for you this morning. Here is the 1987 self-titled Whitesnake album in its entirety. Saw them live on this tour (with Great White). It was a helluva show! Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Stirling's "Barbershop". Great lather and wonderfully warm, powdery, amber scent. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Dior "Bois d'Argent" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Barbershop" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Rocket" Synth / Gillette Aristocrat / Polsilver
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Barbershop" After Shave Splash / Dior La Collection Privée "Bois d'Argent" EdC

IMG-0402.jpg

14 October, 2022

It's "Freaky Friday" and so I'm revisiting Mr. Momo Music and more Japanese Trap & Bass music. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave with which to end the workweek. I used Stirling yesterday but my order of their Bay Rum soap so I, of course had to use it today. 😁 Great lather and spicy bay rum scent for three passes and I finished with a splash of Layrite No. 9 After Shave Splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Dior "Dior Homme" EdT.

Hope you have a great Friday. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / PAA "Doppler" Synth / Gillette Tech / Wizamet
Alum / Layrite No. 9 After Shave Splash / Dior "Dior Homme" EdT

IMG-0409.jpg

17 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

It's "Metal Monday" here at WMRK Internet Radio and today I have the entire Metallica "Black" album for you. Hope you enjoy!!

Fantastic shave this morning. An almost gourmand-like quality to the "Samhain" shave soap. This soap is noticeably softer in consistency than the other SW soaps I have. Great lather and scent for three passes and I finished with a splash of Pinaud Reserve "Whiskey Woods" (decanted into the antique medicine bottle) and a spray of Creed "Royal English Leather".

Southern Witchcrafts "Samhain" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks Synth / 40's Gillette Aristocrat / Wizamet
Alum / Pinaud Reserve "Whiskey Woods" After Shave Splash / Creed "Royal English Leather" EdP

IMG-0430.jpg

18 October, 2022

I've shared some of this group's material before but I'm featuring it here again today. This band floored me when I discovered them earlier this year. I had been listening heavily to classic Post Punk / Synthpop / New Wave music from the late 70's and early 80's and kept seeing this band's name pop up on various music sites. I checked them out and was floored at first listen. And so, from 2017 here is Drab Majesty with their album The Demonstration. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Went with The Goodfellas' Smile soap "Solo (The Moon Story) and a Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" theme. I also broke out my 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed razor which I haven't used in a long time. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" after shave lotion and matching EdT. Wonderful!

The Goodfellas' Smile "Solo (The Moon Story) Shave Soap / WWBW "Gold Coast" Synth / 1958 Gillette TV Special Super Speed
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" After Shave Lotion / Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" EdT

IMG-0434.jpg

19 October, 2022

Later-than-normal post this morning. The wife had a minor medical procedure this morning and needed me to take her. She's home and resting now.

It's "Women of Rock" Wednesday ( I remembered this time @GearNoir ;) ) and today I'm featuring a couple from The Pretenders, fronted by Ohio rocker Chrissie Hynde. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! First use of the Cooper & French "Authentic Barber" shave soap. Great lather and classic barbershop scent! Three passes with the Aristocrat and I finished with a splash of Clubman and a spray of Dior Collection Privée "Bois d'Argent" Excellent!

Cooper & French "Authentic Barber" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Rocket" Synth / 40's Gillette Aristocrat
Polsilver / Alum / Pinaud Clubman After Shave Lotion / Dior Collection Privée "Bois d'Argent" EdC

IMG-0444.jpg

Back