The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

3 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

It's Monday and I'm definitely feeling it this morning.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So, let's ease into the new workweek with some easy jazz. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. It's nice jumping back into the warmer Autumn scents. Kinda like wrapping up in a warm blankie. 😌 Great lather and scent for the Oz Shaving "40 Crows". Warm amber with hints of oakmoss, fruit and patchouli. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Clubman Pinaud Reserve "Cognac Neat" and a spray of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur. Wonderful!

Oz Shaving "40 Crows" Shave Soap / WWBW "Candy Corn" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum /
Clubman Pinaud Reserve "Cognac Neat" After Shave Splash / Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EdC

IMG-0299.jpg

I would enjoy this more if I had a nap couch in my office.
giphy-downsized.gif

Could just keep a roll out foam pad and blankie in the office for just such an occasion. Get a stash of milk and cookies, and you’re good!
I supposed technically that would work. Just doesn't have that same Mad Men vibe.

4 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Featuring one of the biggest bands of the 80's for today's music. Actually got to see them live on their "Hysteria" tour. Here is Def Leppard. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. Broke out Noble Otter's "Thé Noir et Vanille". Been a while since I had last used it and wanted to take care of that. Excellent lather and scent. Three passes with the Tech and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Noble Otter "Thé Noir et Vanille" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" Synth / Gillette Tech / Wizamet
Alum / Noble Otter "Thé Noir et Vanille" After Shave Splash / Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT

IMG-0305.jpg

Featuring one of the biggest bands of the 80's for today's music. Actually got to see them live on their "Hysteria" tour. Here is Def Leppard. Hope you enjoy!
Yeah, buddy! I can get down with that.

4 October, 2022

Fantastic shave this morning. Broke out Noble Otter's "Thé Noir et Vanille". Been a while since I had last used it and wanted to take care of that. Excellent lather and scent. Three passes with the Tech and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Noble Otter "Thé Noir et Vanille" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" Synth / Gillette Tech / Wizamet
Alum / Noble Otter "Thé Noir et Vanille" After Shave Splash / Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT

View attachment 94871
Pour some sugar on your day brother! Enjoy!

5 October, 2022

It's Women of Rock Wednesday and today I'm featuring Siouxsie Sioux and her band Siouxsie and the Banshees. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Went with Southern Witchcrafts "Tres Matres", an olfactory homage to the Argento movie "Suspiria". Warm amber and fruity top with atop a dry, earthy base. Three passes with the Tech and I finished with a splash of Skin Bracer "Cool Spice" after shave (+ skin food) and a spray of "Lagerfeld Classic".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Southern Witchcrafts "Tres Matres" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks Synth / Gillette Tech / Wizamet
Alum / Skin Bracer "Cool Spice" After Shave Splash / Lagerfeld "Lagerfeld Classic" EdT

IMG-0322.jpg

6 October, 2022

Rockin' it out this morning with some classic Judas Priest! Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Great lather and scent from the Stirling soap. Three passes with the Gillette '34 New OC and finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Brisk Spice" after shave (+ skin food) and a spray of Pascal Morabito "OR BLACK".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" Shave Soap / WWBW "Gold Coast" Synth / Gillette 1934 New OC / Polsilver
Alum / Vintage Avon "Brisk Spice" After Shave Splash / Pascal Morabito "OR BLACK" EdT

IMG-0331.jpg

Back