The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

7 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Ending the workweek with some Pink Floyd. Here is the 1977 album Animals in its entirety. Hope you enjoy! 🐖🐕🐑

Great shave on this Friday! Surprising too because I was in a rush this morning and that's usually when bad shaves happen. Luckily, that was not the case. Lovely lather and scent from the "Carmilla" soap. Three passes with the Tech and I finished with a splash of Aqua Velva "Musk" After Shave (+ skin food) and a splash (gotta get a refillable atomizer to put this in) of vintage Avon "Black Suede" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Southern Witchcrafts "Carmilla" Shave Soap / Maggard Razors 24mm Synth / Gillette Tech / Wizamet
Alum / Aqua Velva "Musk" After Shave Splash / Vintage Avon "Black Suede" EdC

IMG-0339.jpg

I knew I smelled something off! 😜

What’s your perception of AV Musk? I tried it a couple times and all I got was a powdery animalic funk 😂

10 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Doing something different for today's Morning Music segment. Today, we're taking a trip back to a time before the internet existed. A time when, if you wanted something, you'd actually have to get up, get dressed, get in the car and go somewhere to get it! No click to buy with free 2 day shipping. No! It actually required an investment of time and energy! Crazy right?!? And so, those of you who had a meaningful amount life experience before the internet, either as an adult or as a teen who was around during this time... Those who remember those great stores of yore.. Stores like Woolworth, Montgomery Ward, Hills, Pizitz, et. al. may this bring you some nostalgic joy. For the rest of you, get off my lawn!

Fantastic shave this morning. Broke out Murphy and McNeil's "Barbershop De Los Muertos". An homage to Amouage "Jubilation XXV", it has great scent and lather. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Alexander Fragrances "Golden Rush".

Murphy and McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos" Shave Soap / WWBW "Kokopelli" Synth / Gillette Tech / Wizamet
Alum / Murphy and McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos" After Shave Splash / Alexander Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP

IMG-0366.jpg

11 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Busy day in the office today so you'll need to provide your own music.

**Insert your favorite music here**

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Barrister's Reserve "Classic" Shave Soap / Rajon Cajon Buckeye Burl Synth / 40's Gillette Aristocrat / Polsilver
Alum / Barrister's Reserve "Classic" After Shave Splash / Bulgari Pour Homme EdT

IMG-0378.jpg

12 October, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening

Some Depeche Mode for you on this Wednesday morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. First use of the "Ciderhouse 5" soap and splash. Great fall scent and fantastic lather. Three passes and I finished with a spray of Creed "Original Santal".

Phoenix Shaving "Ciderhouse 5" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / Gillette Tech / Wizamet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Ciderhouse 5" After Shave Splash / Creed "Original Santal" EdP

IMG-0395.jpg

Back