The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

27 September, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

For today's music we're returning to Realms of the Offbeat! This time with weird and wonky "no-hit wonders" from the golden age of disco!

A Brut-centric shave this morning. And a great one too! PAA's "ET TU" shave soap has the classic scent and excellent lather. Three passes and I finished with the (European) splash (+ skin food) and a spray of the Special Reserve. I even went so far as spraying on some Brut deodorant I have. :cool:

Hope you have a Brut-tastic day! 😁

Phoenix Shaving "ET TU" Shave Soap / WWBW "Milky Way" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Brut Original After Shave Splash / Brut Special Reserve EdC

IMG-0253.jpg

28 September, 2022

It's "Women of Rock" Wednesday and today I'm featuring a couple from guitarist extraordinaire, Lari Basilio. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. First use of the "Solo" shave soap from The Goodfellas' Smile. Great lather and scent. Practically identical to Platinum Égöiste by Chanel. Also first use of the new brush from @Smattayu Three passes and I finished with Chanel "Platinum Égöiste" after shave lotion and EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

The Goodfellas' Smile "Solo" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks 24mm Synth / Blackland "Era" / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Chanel "Platinum Égöiste" After Shave Lotion / Chanel "Platinum Égöiste" EdT

IMG-0262.jpg

Last edited:
Great artist highlight! Don’t think I’d ever listened to her before (not that I have vast musical experience 😂).

29 September, 2022

Going back to 1974 with an album from one of prog rock genre's longest-lasting bands. Here's Camel with their album Mirage. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. First use of Hub City Soap Company's "Chats With Grandpa" soap and splash. It's a very nice barbershop scented, tallow-based soap with notes of rum, amber, bay, musk and powder. It's basically a cross between a bay rum and a barbershop scent and fairly unique in that I haven't run across another company that's attempted it. Great lather for three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Tom Ford's "Tom Ford for Men".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Hub City Soap Company "Chats With Grandpa" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Hub City Soap Company "Chats With Grandpa" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Tom Ford for Men" EdT

IMG-0272.jpg

Last edited:
Welp, coffee pouring into a mug as part of a song. That's a new one on me.

First use of Hub City Soap Company's "Chats With Grandpa" soap and splash.
So are you chatting with grandpa by using the soap or is the soap chatting with you through its use and you’re grandpa? 🤔

Have a great day Mark! 😂

30 September, 2022

It's Fusion Friday and so today I'm featuring a couple from Spyro Gyra. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning! Getting a jump on October / Halloween with a great seasonal bay rum scent from Phoenix Shaving. "Atomic Pumpkin"is the perfect scent for the Autumnal bay rum fanatic! Fantastic lather for three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Davidoff "Zino Davidoff". 🎃

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Pumpkin" Shave Soap / DS Cosmetics "Two Evil Eyes" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Pumpkin" After Shave Splash / Davidoff "Zino Davidoff" EdT

IMG-0280.jpg

Back