The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

20 September, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Hectic morning. Overslept and was rushing to get ready and get to work on time. Hate when that happens because I feel like I'm playing "catch up" all day. So this morning I'm needing something to put me in a better mood and just happened to have this on my YouTube home page this morning. Hope you enjoy!

Looks like summer had returned. Expecting feel-like temps to be at or near 100° for the next three days. And so I decided to go with Stirling "Coconut Lime" for today's shave. Just the scent alone gives a cool and refreshing feeling. Added some ETHOS Ice Dragon Liquid Ice Drops to the lather to give it some actual cooling qualities. Great soap and splash. My only complaint is that I wish there was a little more lime present in the scent. The coconut overpowers it to my nose. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Creed "Virgin Island Water". Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Coconut Lime" Shave Soap / ETHOS Ice Dragon Liquid Ice Drops / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / Gillette Aristocrat
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Coconut Lime" After Shave Splash / Creed "Virgin Island Water" EdP

IMG-0184.jpg

21 September, 2022

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a trio of hits from the White Witch herself, Stevie Nicks. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning! Got in my "Citrus Bomb" shave soap from Hendrix Classics & Co. and I have to say, it's one of the best citrus scents I've ever used. The "bomb" part is apropos. HUGE blast of grapefruit right at the start. The scent then morphs between grapefruit, sweet tangerine and orange. Nothing synthetic at all. Wonderful! Lather was great as well. Three passes and I finished with more citrus with the RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" after shave tonic and a spray of Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne". Citrus-tastic!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Hendrix Classics & Co. "Citrus Bomb" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Flamingo" Synth / Gillette Aristocrat / Wizamet
Alum / RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdT

IMG-0196.jpg

22 September, 2022

In a Pink Floyd mood this morning so here is The Wall album in its entirety. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! Went back to "Barbershop" from Talent Soap Factory. Great lather and scent. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Skin Bracer "Cool Spice" and a spray of Penhaligon's "Sartorial" EdT.

Hope you have a great first day of Fall! :) 🍁🍂

Talent Soap Factory "Barbershop" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Synth / Gillette Aristocrat / Wizamet
Alum / Skin Bracer "Cool Spice" After Shave Splash / Penhaligon's "Sartorial" EdT

IMG-0205.jpg

23 September, 2022

Beautiful day here today! Another front came through and pushed both temps and humidity down. Gorgeous sunshine and a nice breeze so I have the external door to the office open today.

Been listening to this channel on YouTube this morning and wanted to share. Great music! Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave to round out the workweek. Back to the Bay Rum with the Ogallala shave soap and bay rum splash from Col. Conk. The Conk splash was the first after shave purchase years ago when I first got into TWS. Still one of my faves. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP. It has a nice Dominican bay leaf note along with lime, rum, spices & musk among others. Excellent!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :) 🍂

Ogallala "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / WWBW "Kokopelli" Synth / 40's Gillette Aristocrat / Wizamet
Alum / Col. Conk "Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-0214.jpg

16 September, 2022

It's Fusion Friday so for today's music I'm featuring a couple from the band Weather Report. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic end-of-the-workweek shave. Great shave from the new Aristocrat! It coupled with the stellar lather from the "Shave Chaser" soap resulted in a DFS++ result. Finished with a splash of "Skin Bracer" and a spray of PAA's "Shave Chaser" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Prismatic" Synth / Gillette Aristocrat / Wizamet
Alum / Mennen "Skin Bracer" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser" EdP

View attachment 93611
Wow you took me back. I saw Weather Report in Kansas City in the 70's.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

26 September, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Getting some music going for you this morning with a couple from Echo and the Bunnymen. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! New soap and splash in from Stirling. Love the scent of "Oro Valley". Great lather for three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Creed "Royal Oud" EdP. Excellent!

Stirling Soap Co. "Oro Valley" Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Buckeye Burl" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Oro Valley" After Shave Splash / Creed "Royal Oud" EdP

IMG-0242.jpg

Back