The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

2 September, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Final work day before the extended weekend (for some) so I wanted to end the week with something laid back and relaxing. So, here's a electronic mix with a Blade Runner 2049 theme. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! Went with an old school Aqua Velva theme with the Phoenix Shaving "Sacré Bleu". This soap's scent is STRONG out of the tub and just as strong when lathered. Just the way I like 'em! Great lather for a three pass, DFS+ result. Minimal feedback from the alum block and I finished with a splash of Williams Aqua Velva and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau de Jour".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Sacré Bleu" Shave Soap / WWBW "Invasion" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Williams "Aqua Velva" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdT

IMG-0009.jpg

Nice! Blade Runner was one of my first “real” sci-fi favs, beyond Star Wars. Love the OG and the newer film was pretty good too.

6 September, 2022

**Insert music of your choice here**

Great shave this morning. Haven't done a Tabac Tuesday in years so I took care of that today. What can be said? Classic soap / lather / scent. Love it! Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and EdC.

Tabac Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / '34 Gillette New
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Tabac After Shave Splash / Tabac EdC

IMG-0038.jpg

7 September, 2022

Today I'm going with the great David Bowie and his swan song album, Blackstar. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning! Took the new Tech for a spin and was blown away by the shave I got. Two passes would have sufficed (but I did three). Excellent and very enjoyable session with very slick and fragrant lather for the PAA "Irish Springs" soap. Minimal feedback from the alum block and I finished with the matching splash (+skin food) and a spray of Creed "Bois du Portugal".

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Irish Springs" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 Synth / Gillette Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Irish Springs" After Shave Splash / Creed "Bois du Portugal" EdP

IMG-0051.jpg

8 September, 2022

Featuring the band Queen this morning and their incredible performance during the 1985 Live Aid concert. Hope you enjoy.

Another excellent shave this morning. Went with the Tech again and got another incredibly close and comfortable shave. Great lather and scent from the Maggard Razors "Limes & Bergamot" soap. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Ogallala "Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns" after shave splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP.

Maggard Razors "Limes & Bergamot" Shave Soap / WWBW "Invasion" Synth / Gillette Fat Handle Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Ogallala "Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns" After Shave Splash / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-0059.jpg

Featuring the band Queen this morning and their incredible performance during the 1985 Live Aid concert. Hope you enjoy.
Still one of the top live performances of all time in my books! They really knew how to work a crowd!

9 September, 2022

It's Fusion Friday and so here are a couple from keyboardist, composer, producer Alex Argento. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic end-of-the-workweek shave this morning. My bottle of Platinum Égoïste after shave arrived and I of course had to use it today. Great ASL! Thicker consistency a-la Saponificio Varesino ASL and very soothing. Anyone know of an homage shave soap for this frag? Went back to Talent Soap Factory's "Daddy Longlegs" shave soap for a very slick and thick lather. Three passes and I finished with the aforementioned ASL and matching EdT.

Talent Soap Factory "Daddy Longlegs" Shave Soap / WWBW "Sun Dog" Synth / Gillette Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" After Shave Lotion / Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" EdT

IMG-0065.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Friday Mark! Excellent shave set today! 😎👍

Any band gigs lately?
No, no shows currently. Still looking for a replacement guitarist.. It's maddening because we do a mix of new and classic country, some classic rock and blues and no one seems to want to take the time to learn new material. They just want to do the same tired songs they've always played. But, things may be changing. We found a local guy who was a regional touring guitarist who's local and has a new family. So he wants to continue playing but can't do it full time like before. That's exactly the type of person we're looking for.

12 September, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Man, after the Bama v. Texas near debacle this weekend, I'm needing something easy for today's Morning Music segment. Bama, PLEASE no more games like that this season. My heart can't take it!

Great shave this morning! Skipped yesterday so today's shave was extra nice! Back to @CBLSoap.com and their "Fresh Lime" shave soap. Great scent and lather with a nice menthol kick. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Freyja's Magic "Thor's Hammer Lime Bay Rum" after shave splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP.

CBL Soaps "Fresh Lime" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Star Wisp" Synth / Gillette Fat Handle Tech / Gillette Platinum / Alum
Freyja's Magic "Thor's Hammer Lime & Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-0094.jpg

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the score - plus App State beating Texas A&M and Notre Dame losing again. And Utah struggled with Southern Utah……nail biting college football!

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the score - plus App State beating Texas A&M and Notre Dame losing again. And Utah struggled with Southern Utah……nail biting college football!
Gotta admit.. App State's win over TA&M (at home) did put a sadistic smile on my face..

giphy.gif

13 September, 2022

Going with The Who for today's music selection. Everyone is familiar with their hits, so I decided to go with some "newer" selections. Hope you enjoy.

Wow! A real taste of Fall this morning! Walked out the door to drive to work and was hit with a refreshing 58°! This is "False Fall" of course. This is Alabama after all and it'll be back in the upper 80's by tomorrow. Great shave today! It was one of those shave where everything goes right. Perfect lather. Three passes with no nicks or cuts. Literally no feedback from the alum. Just an all-around wonderful session. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Pineapple Bay Rum" soap, splash and EdP. Hey, it is still summer after all.. Excellent!

PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" Shave Soap / PAA "Doppler" Synth / Gillette Fat Handle Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-0111.jpg

Last edited:
Back