The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Sweet mercy Mark. You’ve sure been through. Glad you’re here with us.
Thanks Dave. It happened years ago but I'm still dealing with complications from it. I have permanent nerve damage in my back that affects mobility and sensation in my right leg (foot-drop). In time I've become a great barometer!! 😁

11 February, 2020

Whew! Up at 4am this morning.. Had to take my wife in for a medical procedure. Outpatient so she's home now resting. I need a nap!

IMG-2893.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Soap - Charcoal & Lime
RazoRock "What The Puck?!" Blue Label Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mountain White Badger Brush
1966 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless Blade
Alum
Phoenix Shaving's Unscented Star Jelly

Spanish Floid "Vigoroso"

Mark, you are indeed one lucky man to have survived that wreck. I survived a similar experience in 1980, though I only needed two surgeries. It seems your accident was worse. Those fender-benders always seem to leave some residual damage. 😧

Mark, you are indeed one lucky man to have survived that wreck. I survived a similar experience in 1980, though I only needed two surgeries. It seems your accident was worse. Those fender-benders always seem to leave some residual damage. 😧
Yes I am and yes they do!

12 February, 2020

Good morning Cadre! I bowl lathered this morning for the first time in at least ten years. Great lather produced with the Yaqi and I had a fantastic shave! Glad to know I haven't lost it! 😁

IMG-2896.jpg

RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" Soap
Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
Gillette 1964 Slim
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless
Alum
Genuine Ogallala "Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorns" Splash

Phoenix Shaving's "Atomic Age Bay Rum" EdP

Nice! I have really enjoyed using my scuttle lately, but I will resume face lathering in April when it warms up

13 February, 2020

Good morning all!

IMG-2901.jpg

WCS "Fougere" Duck Fat Soap
Stirling Soap Co. Silvertip Badger Brush
Stirling Soap Co. Travel Shaving Bowl
1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless Blade
Alum
WCS "Fougere" Splash