The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Ok, so what’s your “thing”? Stick a cigarette into the strings while you play? Bandanna always tied to your belt? Tight pink leather pants?

That's awesome about your band's show! Also I am finding similar results with my synthetics. I never thought I would enjoy them this much.
Neither did I! I mentioned before that it had been years since I last did a lather in a bowl or scuttle. I was a die-hard face-lather guy. Not the case anymore! 🙃

Glad things went swimmingly!
As an audience member and total non-musical artist, I t’s funny what artists consider mistakes. I’m sure most of the time the crowd never has a clue. 😂
Every musician I know (me included) is their own worst critic. 🤪

Good morning Cadre! Another rainy, gloomy day here in the southeastern U.S. 🌧 ☔

18 February, 2020

IMG-2927.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Soap - Charcoal & Lime
Noble Otter "Nectar Amissa" Shave Soap
Techichi Tech Hive Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
Phoenix Shaving Travel Scuttle
1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Alum
Phoenix Shaving's Unscented Star Jelly

Noble Otter "Nectar Amissa" Aftershave

And again the combination of synthetic brush and bowl/scuttle lathering blew me away! This soap was a little more difficult it seemed to get a proper lather but in the end I was able to get it to a proper level of slickness and cushion. I think I'm going to stick with this technique for the rest of the month and see how things go and what improvements may happen.

Ok, when the soap passaround box comes back I'm going to have to shave with Nobel Otter. This is one of those odd ones that I've thought I should have since I learned about the, but then always find something I want more when I ready to order something.

Ok, when the soap passaround box comes back I'm going to have to shave with Nobel Otter. This is one of those odd ones that I've thought I should have since I learned about the, but then always find something I want more when I ready to order something.
Do it! Really good soaps and great scents. This one and "Thé Noir et Vanille" are my favorites.

The quality of lather I'm getting from the synthetic brushes when paired with a bowl / scuttle is fantastic!
I may have to break down and get that travel scuttle from Stirling. Been ordering so much coffee stuff that it will need to wait - my wife Sheri is starting to raise her eyebrows...

19 February, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you have a wonderful day!

IMG-2928.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Soap - Charcoal & Lime
Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" Shave Soap
Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
Stirling Soap Co. Travel Bowl
1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platimun Blade
Alum
Phoenix Shaving's Unscented Star Jelly
Old Spice ASL (Indian)

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" EdT

Damn....good thing you were in a truck (full frame). Hate to think if you were in a Prius or some other tree hugger mobile.
Cafe Standards kill.
Many more anniversaries for you my friend.
Fluffy

Back