The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Things went well with the dental visit. No issues at all..

giphy.gif

Still at the hospital. My wife’s surgery got jumped by an emergency that came in. They still did her’s though. She’s in recovery now.
That’s a looooooog day my friend;. I hope she recovers quickly so you both can get home - didn‘t you have dental work yesterday as well?

That’s a looooooog day my friend;. I hope she recovers quickly so you both can get home - didn‘t you have dental work yesterday as well?
We’re home finally. She’s resting. In a little pain but not too bad. Doc gave her some feel good pills. So I fed her and gave her a pill and in a bit I’ll put her to bed. Yeah I had a root canal yesterday. Not a fun couple of days.

5 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a mood this morning. So, I present to you all, the phenomenon that is "The Grindmother"..

Back to work and didn't sleep well last night. Awoke dragging this morning and didn't have time to make coffee at home without being late. So, once again, the work place pour-over rig saves the day! Great shave though! Went back to @Dragonsbeard and his "Fresco" shave soap. Great lime scent with noted of spearmint and basil. Excellent lather for three passes and I finished with a splash of the custom Lime EO skin food splash and a spray of Chanel "Allure Homme Sport Cologne".

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / Shavemac 173 Synth / Karve CB SS / KAI SS / Alum
ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Skin Food Splash / Chanel "Allure Homme Sport Cologne"

IMG-9565.jpg

Dragging this morning also! Thank goodness it’s only a 4 day work week! 😂

Hope the day perks up for ya Mark!

5 July, 2022

In a mood this morning. So, I present to you all, the phenomenon that is "The Grindmother"..

Back to work and didn't sleep well last night. Awoke dragging this morning and didn't have time to make coffee at home without being late. So, once again, the work place pour-over rig saves the day! Great shave though! Went back to @Dragonsbeard and his "Fresco" shave soap. Great lime scent with noted of spearmint and basil. Excellent lather for three passes and I finished with a splash of the custom Lime EO skin food splash and a spray of Chanel "Allure Homme Sport Cologne".

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / Shavemac 173 Synth / Karve CB SS / KAI SS / Alum
ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Lime EO" Skin Food Splash / Chanel "Allure Homme Sport Cologne"

View attachment 87828
Great minds think alike! You beat me to the punch today my friend! How’s the back doing? And your teeth? And your wife? Man, I need to send a personal nurse over there to take care of you folks!

Is @NurseDave available? He was giving out free medical care last I heard

Great minds think alike! You beat me to the punch today my friend! How’s the back doing? And your teeth? And your wife? Man, I need to send a personal nurse over there to take care of you folks!

Is @NurseDave available? He was giving out free medical care last I heard
Wife is doing well. Well enough that she went back to work today despite my insisting she take another day or two. Tooth is doing better. Antibiotics are relieving the pain of the abscess. Still have to go back on the 14th so they can finish things up. Back is getting worse. Can't get another round of shots for another month unfortunately.

You guys have a good 4th?

Wife is doing well. Well enough that she went back to work today despite my insisting she take another day or two. Tooth is doing better. Antibiotics are relieving the pain of the abscess. Still have to go back on the 14th so they can finish things up. Back is getting worse. Can't get another round of shots for another month unfortunately.

You guys have a good 4th?
Wives are tough! So sorry about your back my friend - must have been all that rocking back and forth on the boat - see the Army is better for you, our tanks come with shock absorbers 😂

We had a great 4th - Aidan got to participate a little…..It was a little tamer than last year. I think that’s because one of the people in the cul-de-sac went too heavy - he lit one off - then realized maybe just maybe - a little too much even for the 4th. But that one - wow 😂!

6 July, 2022

I'm "gettin' proggy wit it" this morning! All the way from 1976 here's Genesis with A Trick of the Tail. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. New soap day as well. Got in a tub of Sphinx "Citrange" soap which is an homage to Creed's "Millesime Imperial" frag. The website states the soap is "Kaizen base" which leads me to believe the soap is made for them by Ariana and Evans. Superbly slick and fragrant lather! Yogurt-like and very cushioning. Three passes and I finished with Alexandria Fragrances "Citron Del Mar" after shave splash and a spray of Sean John "Unforgivable", both dupes of M.I.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Sphinx Shaving "Citrange" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" Synth / Karve CB SS Razor / KAI SS / Alum
Alexandria Fragrances "Citron Del Mar" After Shave Splash / Sean John "Unforgivable" EdT

IMG-9574.jpg

I have the AS and I think it’s very good! From my research I found that Sphinx Beard and Alexandria Fragrances are owned by the same entity (who also owns Dua from what I understand)…..A&E does indeed make their soap.

The funny thing was that I don’t remember if the descriptions on either Sphinx or Alexandria listed that some of their stuff were homages - so I ended up buying an AS from each and when I got them realized they were the same - just named differently.

Have a fantastic day!

Back