The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Heading back to the 90's for your Thursday Morning Music segment. I have a love/hate relationship with the music from that decade, but these two were gems. Hope you enjoy!
I probably bought more bootlegs than official music during that decade (it was the Golden Era for them then). These two songs are indeed gems. Thanks for sharing.

27 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Wow. This Monday is already starting out crappy. Rough start so I'm trying to right the ship and get it on a better heading. To do that I think I'm going to need some Floyd. So for today's Morning Music, here's The Dark Side Of The Moon in its entirety. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Stirling for some frosty pineapple goodness! Great summer soap & splash! Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :) 🍍

Stirling Soap Co. "Iced Pineapple" Shave Soap / Shore Shave "Custom Classic" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 6)
KAI SS / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Iced Pineapple" After Shave Splash / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

IMG-9505.jpg

28 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Featuring Sting on today's Morning Music segment. Here's a trio form 1993's Ten Summoner's Tales. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Been a while since I'd use "Velvet Wood" so I thought I'd remedy that today. Great lather & scent and I added a few drops of ETHOS "Ice Dragon" to give it a nice, cooling quality. Three passes and I finished with the matching tonic and a spray of Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne".

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Apothecary "Velvet Wood" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 6) / KAI SS
Alum / CBL Apothecary "Velvet Wood" After Shave Tonic / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne"

IMG-9511.jpg

29 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Heading to the beach for both today's shave and Morning Music. Grab some Sticky Bumps, wax down your board and hang ten!

A fantastically close and enjoyable shave this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving's "Good Vibrations". Very slick, fragrant lather for three passes and I finished with the matching splash and EdP. 🌊🏄‍♂️

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / Shore Shave "Chubster" Synth / Karve CB SS Razor / KAI SS
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" EdP

IMG-9521.jpg

No shave tomorrow and will likely be lurking most of the day Friday.

Tomorrow I have a 7 AM appointment for a dental procedure. They frown on perfumes and colognes in their office so I'll probably just skip the shave. Friday my wife Crystal will be having carpal tunnel surgery so I'll be in the waiting room all day.

Last edited:
No shave tomorrow and will likely be lurking most of the day Friday.

Tomorrow I a 7 AM appointment for a dental procedure. They frown on perfumes and colognes in their office so I'll probably just skip the shave. Friday my wife Crystal will be having carpal tunnel surgery so I'll be in the waiting room all day.
Good thoughts your way that the surgery goes well!

And regarding your dentist -
They frown on perfumes and colognes in their office
1656515394377.gif

Back