The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Also, Barrister & Mann is coming out with a new soap this weekend that made me think of you - since you are a musician stud and a frag aficionado - Electric Mayhem - after the Muppets Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

1655764422171.png

It’s a collaboration with Shawn Maher from Chatillon Lux / Maher Olfactive - so there’s that as well. I haven’t seen the notes yet - just that the story that Will gave was that he gave Shawn an Electro Sing Playlist and that the scent reminiscent of hot neon 😂

1655764678021.jpeg

Also, Barrister & Mann is coming out with a new soap this weekend that made me think of you - since you are a musician stud and a frag aficionado - Electric Mayhem - after the Muppets Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

View attachment 86417

It’s a collaboration with Shawn Maher from Chatillon Lux / Maher Olfactive - so there’s that as well. I haven’t seen the notes yet - just that the story that Will gave was that he gave Shawn an Electro Sing Playlist and that the scent reminiscent of hot neon 😂

View attachment 86418
I loved The Electric Mayhem. Truly one of the great bands of the '70s.

21 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Hot weather returns today. 100° forecasted but may be hotter. 103° for tomorrow and 101° for Thursday! These are air temps, not counting for humidity. YIKES!! So, some appropriate music is called for. Hope you enjoy!

Back to the beach again today. I'm really liking this combo of the PAA shave soap paired with Clubman's "Tequila Tease" after shave. Three comfortable passes from the soap's excellent lather and I finished with the splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Acqua di Gio EdT. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "The Beach" Shave Soap / YAQI "Atlantis" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 6) / KAI SS
Alum / Pinaud Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT

IMG-9470.jpg

Sounds like a good day to blast the AC and go back to sleep! 😵
Wish I could.. Gotta pay dem bills..

giphy.gif

22 June, 2022

In a funky mood so I'm featuring a couple of burners today. One you may have heard of. The other... Not sure.. Breaking out the deep cut! Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. Shook things up a bit with a break from the citrus / summery scents and decided to go with a "Pierre Cardin" shave this morning. There are no Pierre Cardin scented soaps available that I'm aware of so I had to make my own. Grabbed the Noble Otter "Bare" shave soap and to it added a few drops of some Pierre Cardin fragrance oil. Worked great! Got a great slick and cushioning lather from soap and the oil added a nice (albeit light) Pierre Cardin aroma. Three passes and I finished with some Pierre Cardin after shave balm and a spray of the vintage EdC. Nice change up!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Noble Otter "Bare" Shave Soap / Midwest Sea Salt Co. "Pierre Cardin" Fragrance Oil / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth
Rockwell 6S (plate 6) / KAI SS / Alum / Pierre Cardin After Shave Balm / Pierre Cardin EdC

IMG-9476.jpg

23 June, 2022

Heading back to the 90's for your Thursday Morning Music segment. I have a love/hate relationship with the music from that decade, but these two were gems. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning. First use this season of the "Immortal Peach" soap from Phoenix Shaving. Exceptional lather and a great, juicy, succulent peach scent. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Chanel "Bleu de Chanel". 🍑

Phoenix Shaving "Immortal Peach" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Majesty" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 6)
KAI SS / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Immortal Peach" After Shave Splash / Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" EdP

IMG-9482.jpg

24 June, 2022

Well we made it! It's finally Friday!! So getting some tunes rolling this morning and I'm in a Depeche Mode mood so here's the Greatest Hits album in its entirety. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! I actually had another shave lined up but changed at the last minute. Went with Barrister and Mann's "Citricuyá" shave soap. Very nice warm-weather scent with blood orange, passion fruit, pink pepper, pear, & galbanum. Three passes on the excellent lather and I finished with a splash of Pinaud Reserve "Tequila Tease" after shave splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Tropical Night" EdP.

Barrister and Mann's "Citricuyá" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Milky Way" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate6) / KAI SS
Alum / Pinaud Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Tropical Night" EdP

IMG-9489.jpg

Back