The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

So sorry about your back my friend - I think at this point you need House, MD to take a look - or we can set you up to be Bionic Man 2 (some surgery is required)….

Great shave - Citrus approved!!! With some ice, ice baby!

How to you like your new Chanel?

Here’s to your back healing up and you have a fantastic day!

Apologies for my absence yesterday. I tweaked my back somehow Tuesday evening and could barely walk yesterday morning. Thing is, I really don't know what I did.
E449FD59-D6B8-4D0E-A714-14ABBBEFC1AD.gif

Take it easy! Hope your back improves as the day wears on!

17 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

You ever walked into the bathroom after someone had just finished taking a very hot shower? Remember all the steam and heat? That's what it was like walking out my door this morning! Normally we don't see this type of heat and humidity until late July / early August. Miserable!

But since it's so hot, let's get some equally hot music going today! Heading back to the 70's y'all! Hit the mirror ball!

Hand's down, best shave of the week this morning! Broke out my highly prized, judiciously used Irisch Moos shave stick. Haven't used it in a while and decided to remedy that today. Fragrant, thick, cushioning lather! Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau De Jour". Wonderful! 🦄

Hope you have a great day. :)

"Irisch Moos" Shave Stick / Wild West Brushworks "Invasion" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 5) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / "Irisch Moos" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Beau De Jour" EdP

IMG-9442.jpg

I think you accidentally mistook the Moos deodorant stick for your shave soap 🤔😜

Any improvements on the back situation since yesterday?

18 June, 2022

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a pleasant weekend.

Rare weekend post in the journal but I wanted to make sure I get @Scuttlesoap some tunes before I kill his weekend like I did last week.. :rolleyes:;)

Here's Italian electronic musician MicroMatscenes with some "Vice of Miami" vibes..

Slight break in the humidity for the weekend but it's still rather warm. Still, I'll take it. Went with a nice frosty shave with the glacial "Strawberry Lemonade" from Stirling. Three passes and I finished with the splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza. 🍓🥤

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Glacial Strawberry Lemonade" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Flamingo" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 5) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Glacial Strawberry Lemonade" After Shave Splash / Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza EdC

IMG-9450.jpg

Last edited:
20 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Nautical theme today with the shaving artwork so for today's Morning Music let's hit the waves with some Yacht Rock. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning! Gonna be hot again this week but still getting a break from the humidity for today. Decided to go back to Phoenix Shaving's "Coconut Bay w/ Lime". Great warm weather scent! Spicy bay rum, creamy coconut and crisp lime, can't beat that! Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food), and EdP. 🥥🧜‍♀️🏝️🦀🛥️

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Coconut Bay w/ Lime" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Doppler" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 5) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Coconut Bay w/ Lime" After Shave Splash / Phoenix Shaving "Coconut Bay w/ Lime" EdP

IMG-9462.jpg

Back