The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

In a Bowie mood today so here's a Greatest Hits mix to get your Monday started. Hope you enjoy!

Ooooh boy! > 100° heat indices forecasted for the next three days! Gonna be a real "cod roaster" as my grandfather would say. That means I'll have to break out the big guns for my morning shaves, starting today! Went with Stirling's glacial "Lemon Chill". Super scent, super lather and SUPER COLD!!! 🥶 So refreshing!!! Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Chanel Platinum Égoïste EdT. 🍋🍋🍋

Also, I went back to the Rockwell razor for another session. I bought it here in the BST but the seller kept the 5/6 plate. I ordered a replacement and it finally arrived. Used plate 5 yesterday and today. When I change blades, I'm gonna flip it over to 6 and give it a go.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Lemon Chill" Shave Soap / Shore Shave "Classic Custom" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 5) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Lemon Chill" After Shave Splash / Chanel Platinum Égoïste EdT

IMG-9425.jpg

Awesome shave - especially for an extremely hot day!

My favorite Bowie songs: 1. Under Pressure, 2. Heroes, 3. Cat People (didn’t even know of the song until the movie Atomic Blonde) 4. Modern Love, 5. China Girl.

Have a fantastic day - looks like you have already started out the week chill!

14 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Still baking here. From 106° ~ 110° fells-like temps today. I like warm weather, but damn!

This band was hot too... But in a different way. Here are The Bangles.

Serviceable shave this morning. Been a while since I used the Noble Otter "Orbit" and I remember it being colder. But it was nowhere near as cold as yesterday's shave. Still, great scent and lather. Three passes and I finished with a splash of the RazoRock AS and a spray of Versace "Eau Fraiche" EdT.

Noble Otter "Orbit" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 5) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" After Shave Splash / Versace "Eau Fraiche" EdT

IMG-9431.jpg

Do you at least get a pretty quick cooldown one the evenings or does it stay fairly warm into the late evening/night too?

I had the biggest crush on Susanna Hoffs! Quite a few did that from that decade - looking at you Veruca Salt!

I too thought Orbit was going to be a lot colder - but it does a good job of ‘mimicking’ what I think Space could smell like 😂

16 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. I tweaked my back somehow Tuesday evening and could barely walk yesterday morning. Thing is, I really don't know what I did. After spending the day alternating ice and heat and downing massive amounts of Motrin, around 4 P.M. I started feeling a little better. Decided to sleep in my recliner last night. That seemed to help too. Enough that I could make it into work this morning. Not sure if I'll make it the whole day though.

Need something relaxing to get going today so here's a live stream that is supposed to help concentration and focus. We'll see. 😄

Great shave this morning. Skipped yesterday so today's was extra nice! Went back to Stirling's glacial "Citron" shave soap. Great citrus scent and face-hurting levels of menthol (this much should be called MANthol 🥶). Three passes and I finished with a splash of ETHOS "Nuage De Citron" Skin Food Splash and a spray of Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne. 🍊🍋

Stirling Soap Co. "Citron" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Doppler" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 5) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Nuage De Citron" Skin Food Splash / Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne

IMG-9436.jpg

Back