The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

8 June, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Rainy/stormy day on tap for today so let's get some suitable music going!

Great shave this morning! Went back to Sicilian Lemon from Eleven Soaps. Fantastic lather and a deliciously, tart, crisp lemon scent. Three passes and I finished with a the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Versace Signature Pour Homme EdT. 🍋🍋🍋🍋

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Eleven "Sicilian Lemon" Shave Soap / Shore Shave "Classic Custom" Synth / Phoenix Shaving META-4 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Eleven "Sicilian Lemon" After Shave Splash / Versace Signature Pour Homme EdT

IMG-9390.jpg

What do I want for lunch... Go out? Go home and have leftovers... Order from a local restaurant.. Mexican? Meat n' three? Burger?

giphy.gif

9 June, 2022

Going back to both Fusion and the Pat Metheny Group for today's morning music. Back in the 90's when I first heard this album, I was completely blown away! I SO wanted to put a band together to just play the songs on this album! LOL! Of course that was total fantasy and never realized. Still the album hold a special place for me and I still get excited when I listen to it, even all these years later. And so, from the 1987 album Still Life (Talking), Here is the Pat Metheny Group with "Third Wind" and "Minuano (Six Eight)". Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave today! Went back to ETHOS "Blood Orange" from their Italia Collection. Love the scent and the lather is fantastic! Three passes and I finished with a splash of the matching skin food and a spray of Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne". Fantastic!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / Phoenix Shaving META-4 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Skin Food Splash / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP

IMG-9396.jpg

Excellent shave Mark!

You could still achieve that musical dream! Just need some back up shower track 😂👍

10 June, 2022

It's finally Friday! Need some good, pick-me-up music for today and the music of Simon Phillips always lifts me up! So today I'm featuring a couple off his 1989 album Protocol which also featured my all-time favorite bass guitarist, Anthony Jackson.. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today! And with it, I hit the 'Wet Shaving Citrus Trifecta"; Wednesday - Lemon, Thursday - Orange and Lime today. Went back to Spearhead Shaving Co. and "Sea Spice Lime". Wonderful oceanic lime with spice and wood notes (does that make this technically a chypre?). Great lather! Very slick and cushioning. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and pray of the EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Spearhead Shaving Co. "Sea Spice Lime" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" Synth / Phoenix Shaving "META-4" / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Sea Spice Lime" After Shave Toner / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Sea Spice Lime" EdT

IMG-9402.jpg

Back