The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

25 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some tunes rolling for you Wednesday and here's a greatest hit compilation from Depeche Mode. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Tried a new soap sample via the generosity of @Luecke3262 . Thank you again, sir!!

I opted to start with the "Evergreen Juniper". The soap is a typical croap style common these days but leaning more toward the softer side in consistency. The sent off the soap is on the lighter side and is a lovely herbaceous evergreen, the quality of which leads me to believe the makers used EOs rather than a synthetic fragrance oil. Due to the container size I didn't try to load directly from the soap but instead grabbed one of my long unused lather bowls to build the lather. When applied to the face the scent becomes stronger and I could appreciate it more. It's a fantastic scent, one that almost begs to have menthol added and I was a little surprised that it didn't contain any. The soap produced a very slick lather that provided an excellent base. The lather was not as cushioning as I like, but I attribute that more to my poor bowl lathering skills than to the soap. When I get around to trying this or another TDS sample, I'm going to use the 22mm YAQI White Knight and face lather where I can get immediate feedback on the lather quality.

In summation, TDS's Evergreen Juniper is a fantastic soap, IMO on par with some of the best available today. It's too bad they're not available outside Belarus as I'd think they'd do very well in the global market. I'm looking forward to trying the other soaps, as well as this one again at a later date. Thanks again to Matt for making this happen.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

TDS "Evergreen Juniper" Shave Soap / Sorrentino "Roll Tide" Synth / Timeless Razor Lather Bowl / Rockwell 6S (plate 4)
Gillette Platinum / Vintage Avon "Black Suede" After Shave Balm / Vintage Avon "Black Suede" EdC

IMG-9289.jpg

26 May, 2022

Some tunes from The Police for your Thursday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful "citrus bomb" shave this morning featuring products from two great companies. Stirling's glacial Citron is like being smacked upside the head with a bag full of frozen oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit and tangerines! Super cold and refreshing. Excellent quality lather for three passes and I finished with a splash of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Nuage de Citron" (Cloud of Lemons) and finished with a spray of Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne". Excellent!!

giphy.gif

Stirling Soap Co. "Citron" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Solar Flare" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Nuage de Citron" Skin Food Splash / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne"

IMG-9297.jpg

26 May, 2022

Some tunes from The Police for your Thursday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful "citrus bomb" shave this morning featuring products from two great companies. Stirling's glacial Citron is like being smacked upside the head with a bag full of frozen oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit and tangerines! Super cold and refreshing. Excellent quality lather for three passes and I finished with a splash of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Nuage de Citron" (Cloud of Lemons) and finished with a spray of Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne". Excellent!!

giphy.gif

Stirling Soap Co. "Citron" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Solar Flare" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Nuage de Citron" Skin Food Splash / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne"

View attachment 84170
I approve this shave 😂❤️

1653574183351.gif

27 May, 2022

In a King Crimson mood this morning so here's the entire Japan concert from 2003. Hope you enjoy.

Great end-of-the-workweek shave today! Opted to go back to ETHOS and get my "Colonia" fix in. Fantastic lather and what's not to love about that classic Colonia scent? Three passes and I finished with the matching skin food splash and a generous spray of AdP Colonia EdC. Wonderful!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-9305.jpg

27 May, 2022

In a King Crimson mood this morning so here's the entire Japan concert from 2003. Hope you enjoy.

Great end-of-the-workweek shave today! Opted to go back to ETHOS and get my "Colonia" fix in. Fantastic lather and what's not to love about that classic Colonia scent? Three passes and I finished with the matching skin food splash and a generous spray of AdP Colonia EdC. Wonderful!!

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

View attachment 84253
Fantastic shave! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

31 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Still in a Jazz / Fusion mood today so from the 2002 Jazz à Vienne Festival, here's the Pat Metheny Group. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving's "Sun Down" for an old school fix. Fantastic lather for three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Prada "Luna Rossa" EdT.

Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Prismatic" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4)
Wizamet / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" After Shave Splash / Prada "Luna Rossa" EdT

IMG-9339.jpg

Last edited:
1 June, 2022

Good mornign Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Going "Jam Band" this morning. Had another song planned but this popped up in my YouTube feed. So for today's Morning Music, live from way back in 2012, here's Phish with "Divided Sky". Hope you enjoy.

Fantabulous shave this morning! Went back to Stirling and this time with "Iced Pineapple" which is another summer classic! Juicy pineapple and chilly menthol. Great combination! Finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT. Great way to kick off the month of June! 🍍❄️

Stirling Soap Co. "Iced Pineapple" Shave Soap / Shore Shave "Classic Custom" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4)
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Iced Pineapple" / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

IMG-9345.jpg

Last edited:
1 June, 2022

Good mornign Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Going "Jam Band" this morning. Had another song planned but this popped up in my YouTube Feed. So for today's Morning Music, live from way back in 2012, here's Phish with "Divided Sky". Hope you enjoy.

Fantabulous shave this morning! Went back to Stirling and this time with "Iced Pineapple" which is another summer classic! Juicy pineapple and chilly menthol. Great combination! Finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT. Great way to kick off the month of June! 🍍❄️

Stirling Soap Co. "Iced Pineapple" Shave Soap / Shore Shave "Classic Custom" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4)
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Iced Pineapple" / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

View attachment 84684
Iced Pineapple, Mont Blanc Explorer - all while jamming to Phish! What a great start to the day!

Back