The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

12 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

I'm on "island time" today (only in my dreams 😟) with the choice of software and so I thought some apropos tunes would be in order. And so from their 2000 album Life in the Tropics, here are The Rippingtons. Grab a fruity drink and enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. Stirling's "Island Man" is one of the best warm weather scent available IMO. It's an homage to Creed's "Virgin Island Water" so it's perfect for a day like today (upper 80's , close to 90° forecasted) with its boozy fruit and floral notes. Excellent lather for three passes and I finished with both the after shave splash and EdT. Wonderful! 🍹🌺🌴🥥☀️

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" Shave Soap / YAQI "Atlantis" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Wizamet
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" EdT

IMG-9170.jpg

It has been OPRESSIVELY hot this week here in Chicagoland, too, with daytime temps in the mid-90s. Feels more like mid-August than mid-May! Broke out some of my summer scents as well, it's been years since I had a puck of Stirling Island Man, and I definitely wasn't at all familiar with frags back then, so interesting to know it's their take on VIW!

13 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! And happy Friday the 13th ("ki ki ki, ma ma ma")!

So, in honor of the day, I can think of no better music. Enjoy!

Another wonderful, tropical themed shave today. This time I went with Phoenix Shaving's "Pineapple Bay Rum". Two scents that you'd think wouldn't go together but they do and it's a great combination! Great lather provided for three passes and I finished with the matching splash and EdP. ☀️ 🍍🦜🌴

Hope you have a great day. png-transparent-jason-voorhees-mask-jason-voorhees-michael-myers-freddy-krueger-pinhead-tall-m...png

Phoenix Shaving "Pineapple Bay Rum" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Pineapple Bay Rum" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Phoenix Shaving "Pineapple Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-9182.jpg

13 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! And happy Friday the 13th ("ki ki ki, ma ma ma")!

So, in honor of the day, I can think of no better music. Enjoy!

Another wonderful, tropical themed shave today. This time I went with Phoenix Shaving's "Pineapple Bay Rum". Two scents that you'd think wouldn't go together but they do and it's a great combination! Great lather provided for three passes and I finished with the matching splash and EdP. ☀️ 🍍🦜🌴

Hope you have a great day. View attachment 82734

Phoenix Shaving "Pineapple Bay Rum" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Pineapple Bay Rum" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Phoenix Shaving "Pineapple Bay Rum" EdP

View attachment 82736
Don’t you know? Rum goes with everything!

Don’t you know? Rum goes with everything!
giphy.gif

16 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Just found out these guys will be coming here in October. Will definitely have to go see them!! Here's Earth, Wind and Fire. Hope you enjoy.

Another fantastic save this morning. Went with Spearhead's "Sea Spice Lime" which is another scent perfect for the hot humid days of summer. Three passes and I finished with the matching aftershave tonic and EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Spearhead Shaving Co. "Sea Spice Lime" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Sea Spice Lime" After Shave Tonic / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Sea Spice Lime" EdT

IMG-9221.jpg

17 May, 2022

For today's Morning Music, I'm featuring the one and only Michael Jackson. A controversial figure no doubt, but his contribution to both pop music and culture can't be denied. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastically frigid shave this morning! Went with Stirling's Glacial Satsuma shave soap. It had been a long time since I last used ant of their glacial line and I had forgotten just how cold they are!! Face froze... Eyes watered.. It was wonderful! 🥶 Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. Glacial "Satsuma" Shave Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Satsuma" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford Neroli Portfolio EdP

IMG-9227.jpg

Great shave set this morning Mark!
For today's Morning Music, I'm featuring the one and only Michael Jackson. A controversial figure no doubt, but his contribution to both pop music and culture can't be denied. Hope you enjoy!
Indeed. Quite the entertainer and innovator!

17 May, 2022

Fantastically frigid shave this morning! Went with Stirling's Glacial Satsuma shave soap. It had been a long time since I last used ant of their glacial line and I had forgotten just how cold they are!! Face froze... Eyes watered.. It was wonderful! 🥶 Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. Glacial "Satsuma" Shave Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Satsuma" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford Neroli Portfolio EdP

View attachment 83154
Awesome shave!

Back