The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

18 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Apologies for my tardiness. Had to go have blood work done this morning. But I'm here now so let's get some tunes rolling. In a Floyd mood again this morning so for today I'm featuring the 1994 album The Division Bell. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning! Went back to one of Frank's / @Dragonsbeard newest, "Blood Orange" from his Italia Collection. Wonderful lather and aroma!! Three passes and I finished with the matching skin food splash and a spray of Acqua Di Gio.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rally The Valley" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Skin Food Splash / Giorgio Armani "Acqua Di Gio" EdT

IMG-9235.jpg

19 May, 2022

Up late last night and hit the snooze button too many times this morning so I was running late. Therefore, no shave today. But there must always be music!!

Today I'm continuing on with the full albums, this time featuring the great Carlos Santana and his 1970 masterpiece, Abraxas. Hope you enjoy!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Have a great day even though you are scruffy.

View attachment 83370

Thanks for at least throwing on a decent frag, slacker!
View attachment 83371
Okay, okay... I'll go there now..

giphy.gif

20 May, 2022

Apologies for today's tardiness (twice in a week 🤦‍♂️). Had a followup with my doc for the results of my blood work as well as how I'm doing with a recent change in my blood pressure medicine. Results were good all around. 🥳

Because of today's appointment, I'm going with a "medical" theme for today's music. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning. One good thing about skipping a day is that you know the next shave is going to be extra nice! Today we're going to the beach and I'm also borrowing a page from @Scuttlesoap and bringing some boozy items into play. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "The Beach" shave soap. Surprisingly, it really does capture a beach vibe! Hard to describe. The scents are blended well and together work their magic. Of course you need some adult refreshment while at the beach so after three passes I finished with Clubman's "Tequila Tease" and then moved to the islands with a rum, lime and coconut infused spray of Creed's "Virgin Island Water". 🏝️🥥🍹🦜

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Phoenix Shaving "The Beach" Shave Soap / WWBW "Invasion" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Creed "Virgin Island Water"

IMG-9249.jpg

23 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Getting some tunes going this morning and today I'm featuring guitarist Guthrie Govan and his 2006 album Erotic Cakes. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Noble Otter's "Neon Sun". Fantastic lather and scent! Three passes and I finished with a the matching splash and a spray of Rochas "Moustache" cologne.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Nobler Otter "Neon Sun" Shave Soap / PAA "Star Wisp" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Nobler Otter "Neon Sun" After Shave Splash Rochas "Moustache" EdC

IMG-9271.jpg

24 May, 2022

In a fusion mood this morning so here's one from the late, great Chick Corea. Live from 1991 here's "Light Years". Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning! Went with SV's "Cubebe" for a nice combination of citrus, spicy / peppery floral and woods / musk. Excellent lather for three passes and I finished with the matching ASL and a spray of Alexandria Fragrance's "Zion" EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 SE "Noir" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" After Shave Lotion / Alexandria Fragrance "Zion" EdP

IMG-9277.jpg

Back