The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

9 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some music going this morning and today I'm going back to the 80's and another playlist of obscure Post Punk and New Wave songs. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! When I heard that Phoenix Shaving was coming out with a shave soap paying homage to Skin Bracer, I new I'd have to get some. Identical to the splash! Great lather as well. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Skin Bracer and a spray of Davidoff "Zino". Great start to the week!.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Shave Chaser" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "The Peregrino" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Mennen "Skin Bracer" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Davidoff "Zino" EdT

IMG-9145.jpg

How does the Zino compare to the Beau de Jour?
Zino is a lot spicier on the opening thanks to the Brazilian rosewood. BdJ has a more herbaceous note as the frag develops compared to the floral of the Zino. The middle notes are more pronounced in the BdJ than with Zino. While both have a prominent earthy/woody note in the drydown, the BdJ come across as a bit warmer.

Overall they are very similar with minor nuances unique to each. The BdJ comes across as more sophisticated to my nose whereas the Zino is more "brash". You can really tell Zino was a product of the 80's. And that's not a bad thing. ;)

Zino is a lot spicier on the opening thanks to the Brazilian rosewood. BdJ has a more herbaceous note as the frag develops compared to the floral of the Zino. The middle notes are more pronounced in the BdJ than with Zino. While both have a prominent earthy/woody note in the drydown, the BdJ come across as a bit warmer.

Overall they are very similar with minor nuances unique to each. The BdJ comes across as more sophisticated to my nose whereas the Zino is more "brash". You can really tell Zino was a product of the 80's. And that's not a bad thing. ;)
@Scuttlesoap let me add , the BdJ last a lot longer too.

Isn’t it awesome to have options! Now if only we can get nurse dave to appreciate the goodness of Tabac
I know, right! What can you do?

giphy.gif

10 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

I'm in a Pink Floyd mood this morning so for your listening enjoyment here's The Dark Side Of The Moon in its entirety. Hope you enjoy!

Fantabulous shave this morning! Broke out Frank's newest from his Italia Collection, Blood Orange. This soap smells delicious with a juicy, sweet orange that completely envelops you when face lathering (if you don't face lather, you're missing out). Three passes and I finished with a splash of the "Clean" skin food splash with a couple of drops of orange EO added and a spray of YSL M7 Fresh for a nice "barbershopy" finish.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Skin Food Splash + Orange EO / YSL "M7 Fresh" EdT

IMG-9154.jpg

11 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get some music rolling on this hump day (Wooo Woooooo! 🐪) with a little relaxing work music. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Gonna hit the 90's here the rest of the week (told ya, early summer ☀️) so I'll need to break out the heat & humidity friendly scents. Today I went with AdP Colonia. You can never go wrong with Colonia! Fine's "Italian Citrus" provided a great base of slick and fragrant lather. Three passes and I finished with AdP Colonia after shave splash and matching cologne. Damn, I smell good!! 😎

Hope you have a wonderful day my friends. :)

Fine Accoutrements "Italian Citrus" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Phantom Aerolite" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-9162.jpg

Back