The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Two emphatic thumbs up!!

giphy.gif

3 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's Tuesday and we all know that the best thing about Tuesday is that it's not Monday. So, let's just ease into it with some jazz piano. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! Went with PAA's "Atomic Age Bay Rum" which, along with Barrister and Mann's, are the two best I've used. Incredibly slick and fragrant lather. Three passes and I finished with a splash of the matching after shave and spray of the cologne. Excellent!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / Blackland "Era" / KAI
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Age Bay Rum" (+ Skin Food) / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Age Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-9101.jpg

4 May, 2022

Good mornign Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

I got them Blues today..

And here's why...

So what started out as a great morning took a tragic turn when my Blackland Era slipped out of my hand while shaving. The attachment bolt in the cap snapped and the razor fell apart.. 😭

IMG-9107a.jpg

I contacted Blackland to see how I can order a replacement (no caps showing on their site). It was a great shave up until then. Went with Noble Otter's "Lonestar" soap which provided a super slick and cushioning base. Three passes and I finished with a splash of "Timberline" after shave and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau de Jour".

Maybe I'll hear back from Blackland soon.

Noble Otter "Lonestar" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Prismatic" Synth / Blackland "Era" / KAI
Alum / MEM Co. "Timberline" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour"

IMG-9105.jpg

So Mark is only half shaven today?!
71B76F17-A4C4-4898-9520-DE65FE8C9E09.gif
Bummer about the Era…hope you get a helpful response back from Shane, other that “buy another” 😅

At least you smell good!

5 May, 2022

Getting things going with a tune from U@ that fits the theme of today's shave. From the 1993 album Zooropa, here's U2 with "Lemon".

Great shave today. Single scent shaving items can be hit or miss with me but "Sicilian Lemon" soap and splash from Eleven is a definite hit. Wonderful crisp, clean, refreshing lemon scent and great quality lather to boot. Three passes and I finished with the splash and a spray of Calvin Klein "CK One" EdT. Perfect start to what's going to be a hot and humid day. 🍋

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Eleven "Sicilian Lemon" Shave Soap / WWBW "Gold Coast" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Eleven "Sicilian Lemon" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Calvin Klein "CK One" EdT

IMG-9112.jpg

6 May, 2022

I the need for something chill and relaxing this morning so here's another playlist from Work Music Lab. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. The new brush finally made it in after nearly a month so I had to use it this morning. Paired it with MdC original soap for three passes and finished with some Williams Aqua Velva and a spray of Chanel Platinum Égoïste EdT.

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Soap / TG Shave Co. Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Wizamet
Alum / Williams "Aqua Velva" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Chanel Platinum Égoïste EdT

IMG-9122.jpg

5 May, 2022

Getting things going with a tune from U@ that fits the theme of today's shave. From the 1993 album Zooropa, here's U2 with "Lemon".

Great shave today. Single scent shaving items can be hit or miss with me but "Sicilian Lemon" soap and splash from Eleven is a definite hit. Wonderful crisp, clean, refreshing lemon scent and great quality lather to boot. Three passes and I finished with the splash and a spray of Calvin Klein "CK One" EdT. Perfect start to what's going to be a hot and humid day. 🍋

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Eleven "Sicilian Lemon" Shave Soap / WWBW "Gold Coast" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Eleven "Sicilian Lemon" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Calvin Klein "CK One" EdT

View attachment 82094
I love Eleven Sicilian Lemon!

6 May, 2022

I the need for something chill and relaxing this morning so here's another playlist from Work Music Lab. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. The new brush finally made it in after nearly a month so I had to use it this morning. Paired it with MdC original soap for three passes and finished with some Williams Aqua Velva and a spray of Chanel Platinum Égoïste EdT.

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Soap / TG Shave Co. Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Wizamet
Alum / Williams "Aqua Velva" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Chanel Platinum Égoïste EdT

View attachment 82166
Love that brush!

Yeah, where ya been, ya slacker??? 😁 ;)
Lol, The government and my company conspired against me to “make” me do training and certify. Basically it comes down to our contract has a new requirement for someone to be certified in a ”new” tech - and they all think I’m like Mikey from Life Cereal and I usually get assigned these things lol. So nothing like cramming all this stuff into my already cramped space just so I can pass a test 😂

Classy shave Mark! Happy Friday to ya!

Had you used Égoïst before? Thoughts?
Thanks! I got a sample and liked enough to warrant a purchase. The open is a blast of fresh citrus and (to my nose) lightly aquatic notes. The drydown is a nice woody / green with some similarity to Creed GIT. Altogether it's a very classy, mature fragrance. After the opening blast, it becomes a very intimate frag with lower projection and sillage.

Lol, The government and my company conspired against me to “make” me do training and certify. Basically it comes down to our contract has a new requirement for someone to be certified in a ”new” tech - and they all think I’m like Mikey from Life Cereal and I usually get assigned these things lol. So nothing like cramming all this stuff into my already cramped space just so I can pass a test 😂
Do you at least get more letters after your name now?

Back