The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

28 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

@NurseDave was in a dancing mood yesterday but my music choice was not "frolic friendly". Wanted to take care of that today. Get your dancing shoes on Dave! This is for you! 🕺

Great shave today. Today's shave was what I had on-deck for yesterday before the GIT soap discussion in the Soaps & Creams forum sidetracked me. Not much I need to say... Spicy floral goodness FTW!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Tabac Original Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Amber Aerolite" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor
Feather / Alum / Tabac Original After Shave Lotion (+ Skin Food) / Tabac Original EdC

View attachment 81502
I absolutely love @NurseDave Appreciation Day - it seems like it was just last week we were celebrating it as well!

giphy.gif

29 April, 2022

Continuing on with "Project Dancin' @NurseDave", for today's Morning Music segment we're taking it back to 2004 and a band if to whom you can't dance, you're just hopeless... This album just rocks from start to finish with great pop hooks while channeling both Elton John and The Bee Gees. They are called Scissor Sisters and here are a couple from their eponymous debut album. Boogie down!

Fantastic shave with which to round out the workweek! Went with Stirling's "British Leather" which is their homage to English Leather and a pretty good one at that! Fantastic scent and lather with lovely citrus and a creamy musky leather on the drydown. Finished with a splash of vintage English Leather aftershave and EdC.

Hope you have a great day & always keep dancing! 🕺

Stirling Soap Co. "British Leather" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor / Feather
Alum / Vintage English Leather Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Vintage English Leather EdC

IMG-9066.jpg

29 April, 2022

Continuing on with "Project Dancin' @NurseDave", for today's Morning Music segment we're taking it back to 2004 and a band if to whom you can't dance, you're just hopeless... This album just rocks from start to finish with great pop hooks while channeling both Elton John and The Bee Gees. They are called Scissor Sisters and here are a couple from their eponymous debut album. Boogie down!

Fantastic shave with which to round out the workweek! Went with Stirling's "British Leather" which is their homage to English Leather and a pretty good one at that! Fantastic scent and lather with lovely citrus and a creamy musky leather on the drydown. Finished with a splash of vintage English Leather aftershave and EdC.

Hope you have a great day & always keep dancing! 🕺

Stirling Soap Co. "British Leather" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor / Feather
Alum / Vintage English Leather Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Vintage English Leather EdC

View attachment 81578
I almost through out a hip listening to those tunes.

Funny you should post that. There was a group of about 7-8 guys dressed just like that. No shirt and overalls. I guess the look is coming back!

2 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Today is national "American Listening to Swedish Band Singing in French" day.. But, as I understand it, it's only celebrated (officially) here in rural Alabama. So if you'd like to join in the festivities, here's the band Dirty Loops with their cover of Stromae's "Ta Fête". Hope you enjoy

Fantastic shave this morning! Went with Stirling's "Coconut Lime" soap. Great scent and lather! Three passes and I finished with a splash of RazoRock's "Essential Oil of Lime" after shave and a spray of Versace Signature EdT.

Hope you have a great day, :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Coconut Lime" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 Synth / Blackland "Era" / KAI / Alum
RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" After Shave (+ Skin Food) / Versace Signature Pour Homme EdT

IMG-9090.jpg

Back