The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

18 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Today is the 18th. You know what that means...

Fantastic shave this morning. Needed a "green" shave and so I pulled out Phoenix Shaving's "Irish Springs". Been a while since I last used it and had forgotten how refreshing it is. Smells just like the venerable soap and provided a super slick and cushioning base. Three passes with the YAQI + Windrose razor for a nigh BBS result and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Irish Springs" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 SE "Noir" Synth / Yaqi + Windrose Razor / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Irish Springs" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

View attachment 80696
So you had to throw down the gauntlet and shave with an even greener scent that me huh? 😂

How’s your back doing?

19 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some music going for you this morning. Here's a great mix of "Chillgressive", Techno-Trance for your Tuesday. Cue the "Light Switch Rave"!! (Only Strongbad fans will get that)

fzQd2z3.gif

Great shave this morning! Went with Stirling's "Duke" soap and splash. Great scent and performance from the soap. Provided an incredibly slick and cushioning base for a three-pass, Damn Fine Shave. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Burberry "Brit".

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Duke" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. 26mm "Pro Handle" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Duke" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Burberry "Brit" For Him EdT

IMG-8967.jpg

Sorry to hear about your back problems. I have some to so I can relate to your pain.

Hope you are feeling better!

21 April, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a wonderful day. :)

As noted, I took the rest of the week off. Another doctor appointment today. This time with my regular doctor for a check up. A1C, BP, etc. Ahhh, the joys of getting older!

Great shave today. Completely blown away by the performance of the Colgate soap. No scent but great lather. Two passes and a touch-up was all that was needed

Vintage "Colgate" Cup Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Stetson After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Stetson EdC

IMG-8983.jpg

21 April, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a wonderful day. :)

As noted, I took the rest of the week off. Another doctor appointment today. This time with my regular doctor for a check up. A1C, BP, etc. Ahhh, the joys of getting older!

Great shave today. Completely blown away by the performance of the Colgate soap. No scent but great lather. Two passes and a touch-up was all that was needed

Vintage "Colgate" Cup Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Stetson After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Stetson EdC

View attachment 80963
How did the cup soap preform? It's been a long time since I tried it out when I first started to learn to lather. It didn't do very well for me. I hear some folks love it. I came into some Colgate Barber and Colgate Aseptic just recently from a friend, both tallow based. Hoping to try them soon and try out the cup soap again too.

I was very impressed with the soap’s performance. Very slick and cushioning. No detectable scent obviously but the lather quality more than made up for it.

22 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Mid 80's with rising humidity here today so it looks as if we're rapidly making the transition from spring to summer. And so for today's shave I went with a summer beach theme. But first some appropriate music!

Fantastic shave today. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Good Vibrations" soap and splash. Scent Profile: Rich, late spring tree blossoms such as horse chestnut. With a distinct woodiness in there, sandalwood, mahogany & rosewood, a light vanilla muskiness, a pinch of rosemary, a soft lavender & amber talc underneath, and oakmoss holding it all together at the base. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of the matching AS and a spray of the EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / YAQI "Atlantis" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor / Feather / Alum
Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" After Shave (+ Skin Food) / Phoenix Shaving "Good Vibrations" EdP

IMG-9001.jpg

Nothing says warm weather like a fresh cut shave and a boardwalk. Bring out the salt water taffy.

I know that the Beach Boys rock - I’ll have to listen to your posted playlist - I also love Jan and Dean - so hopefully they are represented! Have a great day and I hope the injections give you much relief!

Back