The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

25 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get right to some music to get your Friday started. This station claims to feature music which enhances focus and creativity. Hell, I'll give it a shot. Take a listen and let me know if you find yourself concentrating more deeply. Hope you enjoy.

Great end-of-the-workweek shave today! Went back to Fine, this time going with their "Platinum" scent in the old-style puck. Thick, yogurt-like lather yielded and DFS+ result after three passes and I finished with the matching ASB and a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Fine Accoutrements "Platinum" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Invasion" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Platinum" After Shave Balm / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

IMG-8546.jpg

28 February, 2022

Hey.. Cadre...

WAKE UP!!!!

😁

Good morning all! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Fantastic shave to end the month with. Fantastic lather and who can't love that wonderful Tabac aroma?!?! Okay, @NurseDave is one. It's okay though. We'll convert him eventually. May be time to muster the Cadre Inquisition!

giphy.gif

Finished with the matching splash and cologne. Ahhhhh! I smell wonderful! :cool:

Hope you have a great day. :)

Tabac Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Mardi Gras" Synth / Tatara Masamune SS Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium /
Alum / Tabac After Shave Lotion (+ Skin Food) / Tabac EdC

IMG-8582.jpg

1 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre and Happy Fat Tuesday!

Make sure to get your freak-on today because it all comes to a screeching, ash-covered halt tomorrow.

So, being Fat Tuesday, let's get some music going!

Great shave this morning. Fantastic lather and scent from the Wholly Kaw soap. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of LA Shaving "Black Rose" splash and a spray of Czech & Speake №88 EdC.

Wholly Kaw "Chypre Rose Concerto" Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Mardi Gras" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / LA Shaving Co. "Black Rose" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Czech & Speake №88 EdC

IMG-8587.jpg

1 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre and Happy Fat Tuesday!

Make sure to get your freak-on today because it all comes to a screeching, ash-covered halt tomorrow.

So, being Fat Tuesday, let's get some music going!

Great shave this morning. Fantastic lather and scent from the Wholly Kaw soap. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of LA Shaving "Black Rose" splash and a spray of Czech & Speake №88 EdC.

Wholly Kaw "Chypre Rose Concerto" Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Mardi Gras" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / LA Shaving Co. "Black Rose" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Czech & Speake №88 EdC

View attachment 76959
I’ve been interested in this soap for a while - I love Chypre. How strong is the rose? I don’t mind rose - I like it in well blended scents like Creed Viking EdP, but if it is the dominant note - sometimes overpowers me.

I’ve been interested in this soap for a while - I love Chypre. How strong is the rose? I don’t mind rose - I like it in well blended scents like Creed Viking EdP, but if it is the dominant note - sometimes overpowers me.
It's in no way a "rose bomb".. Honestly, it smells more like rose hydrosol than straight-up rose EO. Very nice "green" notes in addition to the rose.

I’ve been interested in this soap for a while
Kicking myself for not getting a screenshot the last time you said you were done buying. No, not the sabbatical one. No, I mean the real sabbatical, not your self-proclaimed sabbatical. No, not that other time either. This last time, like a week ago. Oh, don't recall eh?

Kicking myself for not getting a screenshot the last time you said you were done buying. No, not the sabbatical one. No, I mean the real sabbatical, not your self-proclaimed sabbatical. No, not that other time either. This last time, like a week ago. Oh, don't recall eh?
I didn’t say I was swiping right for the soap - I said I was interested 😂 And the fact that I’m making Tinder references -there is no hope

How did I forget it was Mardi Gras? When I was in college we had a bar called Mardi Gras that was basically Slurpee Heaven. Miss that place!

2 March, 2022

Let's get some music rolling for your Tuesday with guitarist Cory Wong. Here he is with his band "Cory and he Wongnotes". Get ready to be FUNKED UP!

Great shave this morning. It's literally been YEARS since I last used Arko. I had forgotten what a truly great shave soap it is. Yeah, the scent is polarizing (personally, I like it), but the lather quality ranks right up there with its "Upper East Side" counterparts. Very slick and cushioning. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" and a spray of YSL "Rive Gauche Pour Homme" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

"Arko" Shave Stick / PAA "Solar Flare" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" After Shave Splash / YSL "Rive Gauche Pour Homme" EdT

IMG-8592.jpg

3 March, 2022

Featuring a song from the band "Animals As Leaders" today featuring guitar phenom Tosin Abasi. From their upcoming album Parrhesia, here's "Monomyth" Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today. First us of 345 Soap Co. "Rendezvous" this morning. The scent is patterned after Versace Signature Pour Homme and they did a very good job replicating the scent. I'd give it a sold B+ / A-. Fantastic scent and great lather! Very slick and cushioning. Soap and matching splash and I finished with a spray of Versace Signature Pour Homme.

345 Soap Co. "Rendezvous" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / 345 Soap Co. "Rendezvous" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Versace Signature Pour Homme EdT

IMG-8599.jpg

Back