The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I think I was a little too amped. It was the first gig since September and it was one of those situations where you want everything to go right. But I was thinking too much instead of just being in the moment and did it to myself. Later in the latter half of the second set I finally got into the right head space and the rest of the night went well.

31 January, 2020

Good morning my face-pruning comrades! Another show with the country band tonight so I have a chance to redeem myself from the shortcomings of last Saturday. The setting is more relaxed. It's a restaurant / lounge type place where we had our first show way back in 2015. Looking forward to a good night!

For the final shave of the first month of 2020, I went with Phoenix Shaving's "Cold Spices". Again, PAA's products blow me away with their performance. I swear if I didn't know better I'd say these were tallow based soaps. Great shave! Dialed the Sup-A back to a more face-friendly 4 and had and incredible close, smooth, comfortable shave with no irritation. Is it just me or do the 7 O'clock stainless blades seem a bit sharper than the Silver Blues? This was my third shave with the blade and have not detected any drop in shave quality with it. I'll keep using it and see how many I can get out of it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG-2851.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Soap - Charcoal & Lime
PAA's "Cold Spices" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mtn. White Badger Brush
1970 Gillette Super Adjustable
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless Blade
Alum
PAA's Unscented Star Jelly
PAA's "Cold Spices" Splash

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" EdT

Another show with the country band tonight so I have a chance to redeem myself from the shortcomings of last Saturday.

tumblr_nojnbgaHdb1uuyehpo3_r1_500.gif

Not being a fan of country music myself I'm holding back peanut gallery commenting on this performance.

So what type music do you like? Perhaps we can discuss something we're both into.
Just messing around. It's your gig, get down with your bad self! I can tolerate almost anything other than country or heavy metal. This is why I've already let @bentheduck know I get to control the radio when he lets me drive the fire truck.

Just messing around. It's your gig, get down with your bad self! I can tolerate almost anything other than country or heavy metal. This is why I've already let @bentheduck know I get to control the radio when he lets me drive the fire truck.
To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of Country Music either. But it's a fun gig and the money's REALLY good. I can make so much more with country than I ever made playing rock / hard rock / metal music. When I joined I was just looking to get out and play. It had been a while since the last time I was in a band. I've come to really enjoy it.

Great show last night!! It's taken me all day to recover! Full house most all evening and the bar did so well we were given a bonus!

IMG-2857 (2).jpg

RazoRock Preshave Soap - Charcoal & Lime
Phoenix Shaving's "CaD" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mtn. White Badger Brush
1970 Gillette Super Adjustable
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless Blade
Alum
Phoenix Shaving's Unscented Star Jelly

Phoenix Shaving's "CaD" Splash

So...Mark...is there a video of the Band in the making for TSC?
Yeah I’m still going through footage. Unfortunately there’s no video from this past weekend (that I made) because it was so crowded there was no room to set up the camera. There were people there taking video so I’ll try to find it and put a link up here. There’s a video up already here on page 3 or 4 from the band if you want to check it out.

Back