The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Excellent Shave Mark! I have a couple of the Super Adjustable myself and really like they way they shave! I used to think they would shave the same as a Slim...but no sir. A slight difference...but a great shaver!

Excellent Shave Mark! I have a couple of the Super Adjustable myself and really like they way they shave! I used to think they would shave the same as a Slim...but no sir. A slight difference...but a great shaver!
Agreed Don! I was very surprised at the difference between the Sup-A and the other adjustable razors I use. I can set the Fatboy and Slim to a 5 or 6 and get a great shave. I set the Sup-A to a 5 for the first shave last Friday and the thing nearly ate my face!! 😲

Agreed Don! I was very surprised at the difference between the Sup-A and the other adjustable razors I use. I can set the Fatboy and Slim to a 5 or 6 and get a great shave. I set the Sup-A to a 5 for the first shave last Friday and the thing nearly ate my face!! 😲

Someone really should come out with the "Face-Eater" razor. I'd buy it just to see if it lives up to the name....and to give to some unsuspecting sucker if it did.

21 January, 2020

Good morning all! Still too freakin' cold around here! 22° this morning (wind chill = 10°). But a great shave a hot cup of coffee helps a lot! Hope everyone has a great day!!

IMG-2792.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube - Charcoal & Lime
Zingari Man "The Nomad" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. HMW Badger Brush
1970 Gillette Super Adjustable
Gillette Silver Blue Blade
Alum
PAA's Unscented Star Jelly
Layrite No. 9 + a splash of Pinaud Lime Sec

PAA's Atomic Age Bay Rum EdP

22 January, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope everyone had a pleasant night. Had practice with the country band last night. We have a show coming up this weekend and I'm excited about getting back out and playing live again. Will try to post up some video from the show. Great shave this morning. The Phoenix Shaving soaps continue to blow me away. I was a "tallow or GTFO" guy for years and these soaps have changed my entire point of view regarding vegan soaps. They're fantastic!

Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG-2799.jpg

PAA's "Sacre Bleu" Shave Soap
1961 Gillette FatBoy
Alum
Williams Aqua Velva Splash

Viktor & Rolf SpiceBomb EdT

1/23/2020

Good morning everyone! It's finally warmer here today but along with the (slightly) higher temps came more rain. Oh well.. I can deal with the rain better than the cold temps. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

IMG-2809.jpg

PAA's "Clubguy" Shave Soap
1961 Gillette FatBoy
Alum

Pinaud Clubman ASL

We’re still severely lacking rain out here. Hoping it picks up soon or it’ll be another rip roarin fire camp this summer.

24 January, 2020

I got nothing this morning. Tired.. Was awakened this morning at 12:45am with an equipment alarm. Gonna be one of those days...

But! As it says in my sig, "There isn't much that a good shave and hot cup of coffee can't fix". So I've had the shave so now all I need is coffee....

tenor-1.gif

Back