The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

16 February, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great day.

Decided to take off work today and take care of some things (oil change, tire rotation, new tags, etc.) And just dropped back home for some lunch and a pit stop before I head back out again. So this will be quick. But first... MUSIC!

Great shave this morning. Broke out the Noble Otter "Bare" soap and it was nice to change things up a little. Great lather from the soap and I finished with a splash of Aqua Velva and a spray of Rochas "Moustache" cologne.

Hope you're having a great day. :)

Noble Otter "Bare" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / Aqua Velva After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Rochas "Moustache"

IMG-8468.jpg

17 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Woke up this morning thinking it was Friday.. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I realized it was only Thursday. 😕 Oh well.. Back in the office today after a nice, albeit busy day yesterday. Storms on tap for today and the weatherman's talking like it could get bad. But, we are getting close to that time of year here in the south.

So let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Needing something soothing and relaxing for today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. @bosch I popped in a fresh KAI with the "B" plate on the Karve this morning. The initial shave was a lot less harsh than with the "C" plate but I still had to make several passes over some areas to get the desired smoothness. I'll keep the "B" plate on for the duration of this session after which I'll likely move on from the Karve to the Tatara Masamune. Went with Mitchell's which provided a very nice, slick lather. Finished with a splash of Clubman "Lilac Vegetal" ASL and a spray of Rogue Perfumery's "Mousse Illuminee" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap / YAQI "Bali" Silver Tip Badger / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor / KAI
Alum / Clubman "Lilac Vegetal" (+ Skin Food) / Rogue Perfumery "Mousse Illuminee" EdT

IMG-8480.jpg

Woke up this morning thinking it was Friday.. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I realized it was only Thursday.
Right there with you brother. All yesterday felt like Thursday and I got disappointed several times to realize there were still two days left. And today still isn't Friday!!!!

That Riviera Jazz is exactly what I needed to put on while working through stuff this morning, Mark! Great stuff.
giphy.gif

Back