The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

18 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Thankfully the storms yesterday weren't too bad. A lot of wind and rain mostly.. Not unlike some low end T.S.s and hurricanes I went through in the Navy. After they passed I enjoyed the rest of the evening with some Laphroaig 10 year. Gonna have to get a fresh bottle soon. 🥃

Looking forward to a chill Friday so here is some "Chill Friday Jazz" for you. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Fantastic scent and lather from the Barrister's soap. Better overall shave too after adjusting my technique a little with the "B" plate on the Karve. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with some European Brut after shave and a spray of Brut Special Reserve cologne.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Barrister's Reserve "Fern" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / Brut "Original" After Shave (+ Skin Food) / Brut "Special Reserve" EdC

IMG-8491.jpg

Just a quick reminder for you - today is actually FRIDAY
YES!!! 🥳

giphy.gif

21 February, 2022

Goooooooooood morning Cadre!* Hope you had a great weekend.

I'm needing volunteers here if any of you are free. I've acquired all the necessary gopher wood and the plans have been laid out for construction of another ark due to the flooding they're forecasting for this week. Any more and I'll start growing gills! But I'll be rockin' the "Innsmouth Look"! 🐟

Let's get some tunes going this morning. In an 80's mood this morning so here are a couple from The Cure. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning! Went back to @CBLSoap.com "Hello". Great scent and lather from the soap. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with some of the matching after shave tonic and a spray of Eight & Bob EdP. Excellent!

CBL Soaps "Hello" Shave Soap / PAA " Star Wisp" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / CBL Soaps "Hello" After Shave Tonic / Eight & Bob EdP

IMG-8514.jpg

*Said in the style of Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam.

22 February, 2022

Wow! What a morning. Had some storms roll through over night which caused the power to flicker. Apparently I need to replace the backup battery in my alarm clock because it was only blind luck that I awoke when I did. What followed was a mad dash to perform the "Three S-es", dress, make coffee and get out the door and into the office only two minutes late. Oy vey!! I think it's time I follow through with my plan to stash a bottle of Scotch here at work..

giphy.gif

A great shave and hot cup of coffee helped though! So let's get the day rolling with some music. Going back to some relaxing Jazz Piano vibes for the office today. Hope you enjoy

Wonderful shave today. Seeing the post @BarberDave put up last night influenced my shave today. Or, as they say in the south, he "done flung a cravin' on me". Fantabulous lather and scent from the soap! Three passes and I finished with a splash of the after shave toner and spray of the matching EdT. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Mixed Brush / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" After Shave Toner / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" EdT

IMG-8521.jpg

23 February, 2022

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Always fantastic lather from the MdC Original soap. Three passes and I finished with a splash of H. Zone № 1910 after shave tonic and a spray of Vera Wang for Men.

Martin De Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / H. Zone № 1910 After Shave Tonic / Vera Wang for Men EdT

IMG-8530.jpg

23 February, 2022

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Always fantastic lather from the MdC Original soap. Three passes and I finished with a splash of H. Zone № 1910 after shave tonic and a spray of Vera Wang for Men.

Martin De Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / H. Zone № 1910 After Shave Tonic / Vera Wang for Men EdT

View attachment 76471
What are your thoughts on the H.Zone No. 1910 AS?

24 February, 2022

Oy vey! Had a guy come out yesterday and check out the house and seems I'm looking at right around $10K in repairs and upgrades to my foundation.. 😱

Oh well, no use crying about it. It needs to be done..

Let's get into some music for your Friday eve. Here, for your listening pleasure is another smoking hot cut from the Mark Lettieri Group. Hope you enjoy.

Superlative shave this morning and a great one on which to end this session of shaves with the Karve DE. Fantastically slick and fragrant lather from the PAA "Sun Down" with literally no feedback from the alum block. Three passes and I finished with a splash of the matching aftershave/cologne and a spray of Rochas "Moustache" EdT. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving 24mm Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor / KAI
Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Aftershave Splash & Cologne (+ Skin Food) / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

IMG-8541.jpg

Back