The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

7 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Getting your Monday morning started off right with some 70's Funk and R&B courtesy of Rev. Al Green and The Brothers Johnson. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Went with Wholly Kaw's La Supérieure "Dulci Tobacco" shaving cream. Beautiful scent! Warm tobacco, spicy and slightly sweet. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of Clubman "Brandy Spice" after shave and a spray of "Bentley for Men Intense" EdP. Wonderful start to the week.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Wholly Kaw - La Supérieure "Dulci Tobacco" Shaving Cream / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Clubman Reserve "Brandy Spice" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / "Bentley for Men Intense" EdP

IMG-8404.jpg

8 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Depeche Mode mood again this morning so here are a couple to get you morning going. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. First use of both the soap and brush. Both were fantastic! Great lather from the CBL soap as you'd expect. Scent was light but nice with a great blend of floral and citrus notes standing out the most to my nose. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" and a spray of YSL "M7 Fresh" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

CBL Soaps "Hello" Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Mardi Gras" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor / KAI Stainless Steel
Alum / Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / YSL "M7 Fresh" EdT

IMG-8414.jpg

What’s M7 Fresh like? I hear whispers of greatness whenever the original formula M7 is brought up. Have you tried both?

What’s M7 Fresh like? I hear whispers of greatness whenever the original formula M7 is brought up. Have you tried both?
I haven't tried both, just the "Fresh" version. I remember not liking this very much when I got it years ago but, over time it grew on me. Haven't worn it in a long time and thought it would be a great complementary frag for today's shave with its citrus, woody and light-spice notes.

9 February, 2022

Some 70's Soul and R&B for you Wednesday morning music needs. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today. Went with Fine's "Lavender Pour Homme' for today's shave (in the old, triple-milled version) and boy, do these soaps produce an excellent lather! Slick, cushioning, thick yogurt-like consistency. Such a shame they're not being manufactured any longer. Glad I have a stash of various scents in reserve. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" EdC.

Fine Accoutrements "Lavender Pour Homme" Shave Soap / Fine Accoutrements "Stout" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor / KAI Stainless Steel
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Lavender Pour Homme" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" EdC

IMG-8425.jpg

11 February, 2022

Looks like it's going to be another busy day so I may be lurking for most of it. Wanted to get in a journal post before the fun starts. We're currently in the process of phasing out our old fiber optic plant and migrating our customer base over to the new platform. Unfortunately, because these are two separate systems from different manufacturers (Calix for the old, Adtran for the new), there's no way to do a mass migration and so customers have to be moved over manually, one subscriber at a time. Very time consuming. At the same time, we're auditing our plant records to make sure all the info therein contained is accurate and current. Again, no other way to do this than one record at a time, comparing what there with what's currently working in the field. And we have thousands of customers, more added daily with all the new construction currently going on. At the same time all this is going on, we have the every day work of the business to do.

BUT! we can't begin the day without some music. SO here's some tunes to get your Friday going. It's "Fusion Friday" so here's a couple from the inimitable Allan Holdsworth. Hope you enjoy!

Today's shave is dedicated to @NurseDave Fantastic! And fantastically fragrant from start to finish. Tabac soap and splash and I finished with a spray of Paco Rabanne "One Million". Need to get some Tabac cologne!

Tabac Original Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" Silver Tip Badger / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / Tabac Original After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Paco Rabanne "One Million" EdT

IMG-8435.jpg

Last edited:
14 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's rock it up this Monday morning with a couple from Def Leppard's album, Pyromania. This album was released 39 years ago last month! :oops: Still a great album. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. First use of "Expedition" from 345 Soap. This soap is an homage to "Safari" and they've done a pretty good job capturing the spirit of the frag. Medium-light scent strength out of the tub but becomes more pronounced upon lathering. Great lather quality for their tallow Trinity base. Great post shave face-feel. Finished with a splash of vintage Avon Öland after shave splash and a spray of Ralph Lauren "Safari" EdT.

345 Soap "Expedition" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor / KAI
Alum / Vintage Avon "Öland" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Ralph Lauren "Safari" EdT

IMG-8454.jpg

15 February, 2022

For today's Morning Music segment, I'm featuring a couple from drummer / composer Virgil Donati. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Hadn't had an "Old Spice" shave in a while so I took care of that today. Great lather and scent from the Barrister's Reserve soap. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of the matching after shave and a spray of Divine's "L'Homme Sage" EdP. Great frag, to me it's kind of a more refined Old Spice scent.

Barrister's Reserve "Spice" / Wild West Brushworks "Talisman" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor
KAI / Alum / Barrister's Reserve "Spice" After Shave (+ Skin Food) / Divine "L'Homme Sage" EdP

IMG-8461.jpg

Back