The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

1 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some music going for your Tuesday with some tasty Fusion from the Mark Lettieri Group. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning, First use of the "Nordost" soap from Barrister and Mann and it blew me away! Some of the slickest, thickest, yogurt-like lather I've ever used. And the scent is wonderful! Three passes for a DFS+ result. Soap and matching splash then I finished with a spray of Terre d'Hermes "Hermes for Men" EdT. Great way to start the day!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Barrister & Mann "Nordost" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 "Noir" SE Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Alum / Barrister & Mann "Nordost" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Hermes "Terre d'Hermes" EdT

IMG-8336.jpg

2 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre. Happy Groundhog Day! That is, unless you hate winter like I do.... 🤬

giphy.gif

But let's make the best of it with some lofi & Jazz Hip-Hop to ease into your Tuesday.

Another fantastic shave this morning. Great lather from the "Mogno" soap. The quality of lather ranks right up there with the best tallow soaps IMO. Three passes provided a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of Epsilon "Mediterranean Blue" after shave and a spray of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme. Excellent!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Ach. Brito "Mogno" Shave Soap / YAQI "Lucky Dice" Synth / Karve SS SB "Christopher Bradley" Razor / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Epsilon "Mediterranean Blue" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

IMG-8343.jpg

Happy Groundhog Day Mark! With the rodent seeing the shadow - does this mean even Alabama is in trouble? maybe Ryan can send some of his snow down your way
We actually received more snow in January than we have the past three years combined! Nothing like up north though. Still, with these crazy people around here, it makes difficult to get bread, eggs and milk when you're craving French toast.. :mad:

We actually received more snow in January than we have the past three years combined! Nothing like up north though. Still, with these crazy people around here, it makes difficult to get bread, eggs and milk when you're craving French toast.. :mad:
Plus I’m sure your state doesn’t invest in the snowplows salt etc - because it doesn’t happen often enough

Plus I’m sure your state doesn’t invest in the snowplows salt etc - because it doesn’t happen often enough
No plows but we do get enough wintry precip that they've invested in salt / brine trucks. Historically we tend to get crippling ice storms around here more than high snowfall amounts.

But, I still have the snow shovel I bought back when I was stationed at Naval Training Center Great Lakes in the early 90's... I've actually used it here on a few occasions.

Tell us when we need to start up the USPS food deliveries! Don’t want you to have to go without your Mickey Mouse pancakes and chocy milk.

3 February, 2022

It's "Obscure 80's Thursday" here at WMRK Internet Radio All Hits - All The Time® so here are a few Basement Cuts for your enjoyment!

Fantastic shave this morning.Went back to First Line Shave's "Illustrious Oud". Inspired by "Oud for Greatness" from Initio Parfums, it's a dark, sweet, spicy scent that is quite wonderful. Not sure how close it is to the original. May have to order a sample to find out. Three passes and I finished with the matching aftershave splash and EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Majesty" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" EdP

IMG-8370.jpg

Mark’s setup looks like he’s working on some ancient National Treasure eastern mystery or something! 😂

At least he smells good!

4 February, 2022

In a classic rock mood this morning so for your Friday edition of Morning Music here are a couple from Cream. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning. Went back to Stirling and their spicy, floral, earthy "Nag Champa" soap and splash. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a spray of Nicolai's "Patchouli Intense" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Nag Champa" Shave Soap / PAA "Star Wisp" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Nag Champa" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Parfums de Nicolai "Patchouli Intense" EdP

IMG-8377.jpg

Back